Indranil Bhattacharya, Ph.D.
Dr. Indranil Bhattacharya is an Assistant Professor of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at Tennessee Tech University. He is associated with the Center for Energy Systems Research.
- High-Efficiency III-V Solar Cells.
- Energy Storage.
- Semiconductor Electronics.
- Photonics & Optics.
- Medical Electronics.
- Digital & Mixed-Signal ICs.
- Power Electronics.
Dr. Indranil Bhattacharya is an Assistant Professor of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Tennessee Tech University. He is also associated with the Center for Energy Systems Research. He received his Ph.D. and M.S. degrees in Electrical Engineering in 2013 and 2009 respectively from the Florida State University. He received Bachelor of Engineering degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering in First Class with Distinction from India. Dr. Bhattacharya worked as an Adjunct Professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at the Florida State University since January 2011, prior to his appointment at the Tennessee Tech University. He is the main inventor of 2 US patents. He has published several technical papers in IEEE. He served as a reviewer of IEEE journals such as IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid and IEEE Photonics Journal. He is a member of IEEE.
Awards and Distinction:
- Design and modeling of Very-High Efficiency Multijunction Solar cells - Faculty Research Grant, Tennessee Tech Office of Research, April 2014.
- FSU Innovators Award, December 5, 2011 presented by Florida State University Research Division.
- Grant Assistance Program (GAP) Funding Award from Florida State University Council of Research and Creativity, December 2010.
- 2013 Statewide (Florida) Graduate Student Research Symposium, Award for Research Excellence (2nd Place) in the STEM Category, April 19, 2013, Tampa, Florida.
- Graduate Research Poster Presentation Award, College of Engineering, Florida State University, March 22, 2013.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication Engineering from India in First Class with Distinction.