- Biomolecular medicine, including bioassay development
- Drug delivery and barriers to gene therapy
- Wound healing
- Engineering education
- Micro-fluidics and lab-on-a-chip applications for clinical diagnostics
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering, Vanderbilt University, 2001
- M.S. in Biomedical Engineering, Vanderbilt University, 1998
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Tennessee Technological University, 1995
Honors and Awards
- TTU College of Engineering, Faculty Productivity Award, 2012
- TTU Faculty Research Initiation Grant Recipient, 2012
- QEP Award, Spring 2012
- Coming soon.
- Mbachu, C. P., R. Sanders, and P. E. Arce. Role of Collaboration in Enhancing Creativity and Innovation in Engineering Education: Examples from Fluid Mechanics and Biotransport Courses. October 2011 (Free Forum on Chemical Engineering Education during the AIChE Annual Meeting).
- Golbayani, P., K. T. Seale, R. Sanders, and P. E. Arce. Morphological Effects on the Electrostatic Potential in a Divergent and Convergent Channel for Microfluidic Applications. October 2011 (Poster Session for the American Electrophoresis Society during the AIChE Annual Meeting).
- Golbayani, P., K. T. Seale, R. Sanders, and P. Arce. Role of Channel Morphology in Microfluidic Applications: Impact on the Behavior of the Electrostatic Potential for an Idealized Case. November 2010 (Poster Session for the American Electrophoresis Society during the AIChE Annual Meeting).
- Stashenko, G. J., A. Robichaux, Y. C. (Gary) Lee, J. R. Sanders, R. J. Roselli, R. W. Light. Pleural fluid exchange in rabbits. Respirology. 12(4):495-499, 2007.
- Sanders, R., C. Carter, S. Webb, N. Farsinejad, L. Sealy, K. Brigham, and A. Stecenko. Tag-team genes for preferential generation of prostacyclin. Am J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 169(7):A289, 2004 (Abstract).
- Mudumba, S., D. Deshpande, R. Sanders, R. Parker, C. Carter, S. Webb, M. Tan, E. Gabatan, J. A. Schuster, D. C. Cipolla, S. J. Farr, and K. Brigham. Non-viral delivery of COX-1 gene by the AERx® pulmonary delivery system. Respiratory Drug Delivery IX. Vol. 2:353-356, 2004.
- Sanders, J. R., N. A. Pou, and R. J. Roselli. Neutral and DEAE dextrans as tracers for assessing pulmonary microvascular barrier permeability and integrity. J. Appl. Physiol. 93(1):251-62, 2002.