Applying for TTU jobs now easier
Office of Communications & Marketing
TTU's Human Resources office is launching a new employment website, Jobs@TTU. The new online employment site is designed to make the employment process more efficient and accessible for both job seekers and hiring managers.
The new site automates the process of approving and publishing job postings online. It also automates the collection, qualification, tracking, and distribution of employment applications.
"The PeopleAdmin system was designed for the higher education community and more than 500 institutions nationwide are using this approach," said Glenda Bates, TTU's employment manager. "We will be able to respond to applicants more quickly and fill positions in a more timely manner with this new system."
Now, applicants will be able to search through open positions and apply for jobs, all via the Internet. The system allows users to see where their request is within the process at all times.
Jobs@TTU will also save the university money by eliminating the need for paper forms and giving applicants instant feedback during the hiring process.
"Job seekers can submit additional documentation, including cover letters and resumes, and they can view the status of their application at any time and receive online status updates quickly," said Bates.
Tennessee Tech will discontinue using paper employment applications after the official rollout of the online process, Bates added.
There are additional advantages to applicants:
• Applicants can apply for multiple job vacancies with the click of a button.
• Applicants can return to their application already online so they do not have to complete another application.
• Applicants automatically notified if they do not meet minimum requirements.
• Application process time will be reduced by 40 percent.
• The system is compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.