Go Fly a Kite at the Oakley STEM Center
Office of Communications & Marketing
The Millard Oakley STEM Center at Tennessee Tech University, in partnership with the American Kitefliers Association, to offer a variety special workshops for kids, families, teachers and the community on Monday, Dec. 19.
The STEM Center welcomes renowned Kite Specialist and Author Glenn Davison who will be providing demonstrations and workshops during the day.
Morning Schedule for Kids, Families & Community:
• 10-11:30 a.m. Kite Show and Demonstrations
• 11:30 a.m.-noon Family Workshop "Miniature Kite Making and Flying" (Make and Take your own kite)
• Cost is $5 per family. Register online through the STEM Center's website, www.tntech.edu/stem/kids-families.
Afternoon Professional Development (PD) for Teachers:
The Teacher Professional Development workshops are Tennessee learning standards aligned for PreK -12th grade. PreK through 12th grade teachers receive three hours PD credit.
• 1:30-2:30 p.m. "The Physics of Flight"
• 2:30-3:30 p.m. "Kite Math" and "Kite Art"
• 3:30-4:30 p.m. "My Favorite Demonstrations"
• Cost is $20 per teacher. Register online at www.tntech.edu/stem/teachers.
These workshop opportunities are sponsored by Par 3 Technology in Cookeville.
For more information call Christina Hatley at 931-372-6573 or visit tntech.edu/stem.