TTU arts roundup: Auditions open for Backdoor Playhouse productionOpen auditions for "Death of a Salesman" by Arthur Miller directed by Dave Davidson will be held Saturday, Dec. 4, and Sunday, Dec. 5, from noon to 4 p.m. both days in the Tennessee Tech University Backdoor Playhouse.
The Backdoor Playhouse is located in the Jere Whitson Building on campus.
Davidson is looking to cast 13 actors in this production. There are eight male roles and five female roles. The character's ages range from 20 to 60. The role of Willy Loman has been cast. Rehearsals begin in January.
No preparation is necessary for the auditions, as they will consist of cold-readings and a short interview. Interested actors are encouraged to read the script in advance.
TTU arts roundup:
Appalachian Center for Craft
• Jessica Reneger Webster's bachelor of fine arts senior thesis exhibition in clay, through Dec. 6, Gallery One. An artist's reception is set for 4:30 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 4.
• Deborah Tuggle's bachelor of fine arts thesis exhibition, through Dec. 6, Gallery Two. Opening reception on Saturday, Dec. 4, between 4:30 and 7 p.m.
• Kendall White's bachelor of fine arts exhibition, "In the Round," Dec. 8 through Dec. 12, Gallery One. Artist reception from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Dec. 11.
• University Orchestra Concert, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 2, Wattenbarger Auditorium.
• TTU Candlelight Christmas Concert, Friday and Saturday, Dec. 3 and 4, 7:30 p.m. each evening, Wattenbarger Auditorium. Admission: $5. Call 931-372-3175 for information. Parking for the concert will be provided in the gravel lot directly across from the Bryan Fine Arts Building as well as at the parking lot to the immediate south.
• Landon Spangler, senior percussion recital, 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 5, Wattenbarger Auditorium.
• Andrew Pollard, senior guitar recital, 5 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 5, Wattenbarger Auditorium.
• Mastersingers Concert, 7:30 p.m. Friday, Dec. 10, Wattenbarger Auditorium.
• Mastersingers Concert, 3 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 11, Wattenbarger Auditorium.
• String Program Concert, 6 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 14, Wattenbarger Auditorium.
The Appalachian Center for Craft is located six miles off Highway 56 (Interstate 40, Exit 273) near Smithville. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. The Joan Derryberry Art Gallery is located on the first floor of the Roaden University Center and is open to the public from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Backdoor Playhouse is located in Jere Whitson Memorial Building. For more information, call 931-372-6595. Unless noted otherwise, all concerts are free and take place in the Bryan Fine Arts Building. The concert schedule is subject to change. For more information, call 931-372-3161.