TTU arts roundup: Candlelight Christmas Concert features TTU Choirs
Choirs from Tennessee Tech University and area high schools will offer up some cheerful holiday voices at performances Friday and Saturday, Dec. 2 and 3, for the annual Candlelight Christmas Concert.
The Cookeville High School Choir will perform as special guests Friday night, with the Mt. Juliet High School Choir performing as special guests on Saturday night.
Tickets are $5 and can be reserved by calling 931-372-6175. Both performances are at 7:30 p.m. in the Wattenbarger Auditorium located in the Bryan Fine Arts Building.
Parking for the concert will be provided in the commuter parking lot across Dixie Avenue from the Bryan Fine Arts Building. Because TTU is also hosting the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association's football championships on those dates, concert attendees should make sure they arrive early. Be sure to tell the parking attendant that you are attending the Candlelight Christmas Concert.
TTU Arts Roundup:
Appalachian Center for Craft:
- The 2011 Focus on Fibers ACC fiber students and artists in residence fiber exhibit continues until Monday, Nov. 28.
- Tracey Williams-Young's clay exhibit, Cold War, Hot Tea, runs until Monday, Nov. 28, with a gallery reception from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 27.
- The Annual Holiday Festival begins Friday, Nov. 25, and runs until Sunday, Nov. 27. The gallery and exhibitions will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Friday, Dec. 23.
Joan Derryberry Art Gallery
- TTU's art faculty's multi-media exhibition runs until Wednesday, Nov. 30.
- A student piano recital is at 7:30 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 28.
- The Brass Arts Quintet, along with the Park View Elementary Chorus, will perform a Holidays in Brass concert featuring "A Charlie Brown Christmas" at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 29.
- The TTU University Orchestra, conducted by Dan Allcott, performs at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 1.
- The TTU Choirs' Candlelight Concert, conducted by Craig Zamer, is at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 2, and Saturday, Dec. 3.
- Kappa Kappa Psi's Winter Concert is at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 4.
- Zack Alegria's senior student recital is at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 4.
- Tyler Dugger's senior student saxophone recital is at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4.
- The Mastersingers' Christmas Concert, conducted by Craig Zamer, is at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 11.
The Appalachian Center for Craft is located six miles off Highway 56 (Interstate 40, Exit 273) near Smithville. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. The Joan Derryberry Art Gallery is located on the first floor of the Roaden University Center and is open to the public from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Backdoor Playhouse is located in Jere Whitson Memorial Building. For more information, call 931-372-6595. Unless noted otherwise, all concerts are free and open to the public and take place in the Bryan Fine Arts Building. The concert schedule is subject to change. For more information, call 931-372-3161.