TTU arts roundup: Celebrate international cooperation with One World
A multicultural evening is scheduled for 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27, in the Roaden University Center multipurpose room at Tennessee Tech University.
The event, hosted by One World, offers international students the opportunitiy to speak about their native lands and cultures. Students will have the chance to discuss stereotypes and overcoming cultural differences.
The event will feature free international food and entertainment. It is open to the public.
One World is a TTU organization dedicated to introducing people to different cultures, with the goal of achieving understanding and harmony. The organization holds many events throughout the semester, including hiking, international sports and trips to ethnic restaurants.
TTU Arts Roundup:
Appalachian Center for Craft
- Jay Song's "Spectator," a metal and mixed media exhibit, is on display in the North Windows gallery through Thursday, Oct. 27.
- April Flanders's "Outbreak Populations," a printmaking and installation exhibit, is on display in Gallery Two through Thursday, Nov. 3.
Joan Derryberry Art Gallery
- Charles Clary's cut paper wall sculpture exhibit runs until Thursday, Oct. 27. A gallery talk and reception is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. that day in the gallery.
- Ryan Snell's student tuba recital is scheduled for 7 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21.
- The Contraball Tuba Quartet and the Honors Trio will perform student recitals at 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21.
- Katie Holzer's senior student recital is at 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 23.
- A saxophone student recital is scheduled for 2 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 23.
- April Tripp's senior oboe recital is at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 24.
- The TTU Choirs, conducted by Craig Zamer, perform at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25.
- TTU's Faculty Jazz Combo is scheduled to perform at 7:30 pm. Wednesday, Oct. 26.
- TTU's University Orchestra, conducted by Dan Allcott, is scheduled to perform at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 27.
The Appalachian Center for Craft is located six miles off Highway 56 (Interstate 40, Exit 273) near Smithville. Hours are 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily. The Joan Derryberry Art Gallery is located on the first floor of the Roaden University Center and is open to the public from 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Backdoor Playhouse is located in Jere Whitson Memorial Building. For more information, call 372-6595. Unless noted otherwise, all concerts are free and take place in the Bryan Fine Arts Building. The concert schedule is subject to change. For more information, call 372-3161.