The lecture, part of the Center Stage series, is open to the public and begins at 7:30 p.m. in the Wattenbarger Auditorium of the Bryan Fine Arts Building on campus.
Collins will provide an entertaining lecture summarizing his experiences from more than 31 years of performing and recording with the world-class Cincinnati Symphony and Pops Orchestras. He performed for more than 120 recordings including dozens of acclaimed albums with the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra under the direction of Erich Kunzel.
He is adjunct professor of trumpet at the College-Conservatory of Music of the University of Cincinnati and his publications include arrangements of sacred music for trumpet ensembles and three trumpet books including "Studies in the Style of Pops Orchestra Repertoire."
For more information, contact Charles Decker at 931-372-3711.
TTU Arts Roundup:
Joan Derryberry Art Gallery
• Kevin J. Kelly's exhibit of block prints on display through Thursday, Feb 3. A gallery talk and reception with the artist is set for 6 p.m. Feb. 3.
• Vincent Hron's exhibit of drawings on display Feb. 7 through March 3. An artist's reception is set for 6 p.m. March 3.
• Thursday, Jan. 27, Sleepy Eyed Fox, 7 p.m., Backdoor Playhouse.
• Saturday, Jan. 29, Clarinet Choir Day Concert, 3 p.m.
• Sunday, Jan. 30, Clarinet Studio Recital, 3 p.m.
• Sunday, Jan. 30, new music student recital with Jacob Stanfield and Aaron Schmitt, 7:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, Feb. 1, faculty trombone recital by Joshua Hauser, 7:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, Feb. 2, Phillip Collins lecture: So You Want to Be a Musician, a Center Stage Event, 7:30 p.m.
• Thursday, Feb. 3, joint faculty recital with Kristin Hauser, bassoon, and Yoomi Paick, piano, 7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Feb. 5, Quink Vocal Ensemble, five Dutch singers in a capella style, a Center Stage Event, 7:30 p.m.
• Monday, Feb. 7, Cumberland Quintet Concert, 7:30 p.m.
• Friday, Feb. 11, Symphony Band Festival of Winds and Percussion Concert, 7:30 p.m.
The Joan Derryberry Art Gallery is located on the first floor of the Roaden University Center and is open to the public from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Backdoor Playhouse is located in Jere Whitson Memorial Building. For more information, call 931-372-6595. Unless noted otherwise, all concerts are free and take place in the Bryan Fine Arts Building. The concert schedule is subject to change. For more information, call 931-372-3161.