TTU Homecoming '96: It's Not Just For Alumni - It's for Everyone
Tennessee Technological University invites everyone to join its students, faculty, staff and alumni for the annual Homecoming festivities Oct. 4-6. Many events are open to the public, including Saturday's parade, pizza party and football game.
- Friday 4:30-5:30 p.m.:
- Meet this year's four Outstanding Alumni at an awards reception in the Multipurpose Room of the University Center (hors d'oeuvres).
- 7-11 p.m.: Kick off Homecoming weekend with an opening reception honoring former Tennessee Tech football players and emeriti faculty at the Holiday Inn (hors d'oeuvres and cash bar).
- 7 p.m.: Tennessee Tech's internationally known Tuba Ensemble performs at Wattenbarger Auditorium in the Bryan Fine Arts Building. Alumni tubists join members of the current ensemble for a free concert.
- 9:30 a.m.: The annual parade begins at 12th Street and Dixie Avenue, continues down Dixie to Broad, circles the square and returns down Spring Street to Dixie.
- 10:30 a.m. to Noon: Free opening reception for the Alumni Art Exhibit at the Joan Derryberry Art Gallery in the University Center. Art Education and Fine Arts alumni display their best work in wood, glass, metal, fiber, ceramics, painting, photography and more.
- 11 a.m.: Pizza party on the South Patio (between the University Center and Derryberry Hall). Get pizza, soda and a ticket to the football game for only $6- a $15 value! The event also includes live entertainment and prize drawings!
- 2 p.m.: Football action at Tucker Stadium. The Golden Eagles take on U.T. - Martin. Reserved tickets are $10 and can be ordered by calling 372-3941. General admission is $8. (Note: football tickets are free with admission to the pizza party on the South Patio.)
- 2-6 p.m.: Autumn Bacchanal at Spankies on 9th Street. Enjoy fine wine, fine food and fine art while supporting art programs at Tennessee Tech. Local wine distributors bring out their best and established regional artists contribute their work for a lively auction that begins at 3:30. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door. Call 372-3206 for details.
No reservations are necessary for these Homecoming events. Everyone is invited to these events, as well as to the many open houses around campus on Saturday to learn more about what the university has to offer, including the Fitness Center, University Book Store, Extended Education, Electrical Engineering and R.O.T.C.