Awesome Office Competition Rules
Show your TTU Purple Pride by decorating your office during TTU Pride Days and earn a chance to win prizes in the Awesome Office Decorating Contest.
This friendly competition will help you make a great first impression on new students who visit your office and help everyone on campus see your TTU spirit.
This year's theme is pick your favorite movie, incorporate Tech colors and make Awesome Eagle the star!
To make it easier for everyone to get involved, one winner will be chosen from each of three categories:
- Office = 1st Place
- Office = 2nd Place
- Office = 3rd Place
A few simple rules:
- Name of office
- Office contact person
- Office location
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Number of people participating in your office
A reply e-mail will verify your entry.
- You may begin decorating at anytime after the contest is posted. Many offices want to welcome new students with their decorations when classes begin; others want to have their student workers participate. Choose what is best for your office.
- This contest is meant to demonstrate spirit, not financial resources. If you wish to purchase items for the contest, there is a limit of $20 per entry; however, our hope is that you spend no money at all.
- Use items that are donated or that are already available in your office.
- Consider your staff as part of the decorating theme, that is, encourage them to wear items that demonstrate TTU Pride.
- Be creative, but be careful. Don’t cause fire hazards. Any entry found to be a fire hazard will be disqualified.
- Decorations must be temporary additions. Permanent changes, including painting walls and other surfaces, are not permitted.
Submission & Voting
All video submissions will be posted to Tennessee Tech's official Facebook page, allowing many more people to vote on the best videos. The winning videos will be the ones with the most "likes." So encourage your students, faculty, staff, alumni and community friends to vote for your office video on Facebook! The university's official Facebook page can be found at: www.facebook.com/tennesseetech. This is where the videos will be posted. All submitted videos will be posted Sept. 7 with voting running through Sept. 14.
Participants from the winning office with the most votes will receive the chance to draw out one of our many prizes donated by local businesses. Second and third place winners will receive office pizza parties and other prizes.
Prizes will be awarded by the Office of Communications & Marketing. Complete results will be posted on the Pride Days web site on September 18.