Administrative Assistants Day Special - 30 min massage $15 (valid from April 23-26 ONLY)
New Massage Schedule
Tuesdays 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesdays 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thursdays 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Massage therapy is a hands-on manipulation of muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, and joints. It is a health option to help alleviate soft tissue discomfort associated with everyday stress, muscular overuse and some chronic pain syndromes. Massage therapy works to improve the circulation of blood through the body and to speed the removal of metabolic waste products from muscles and the kneading of muscles and ligaments increases flexibility. People visit a massage therapist to relieve pain, relax, and reduce stress.
Modalities of Massage Therapy currently available through the Health Promotion office
SWEDISH MASSAGE: Light to moderate pressure, good for stress releif, tension reduction and soothing to the nerves.
SHIATSU or EASTERN HEALING: Thumb pressure applied to precise points along particular meridians for healing and balance of mind, body, and spirit
An appointment is necessary and must be made 24 hours in advance. To make an appointment, call the main office, 372-6511. Cancellations need to be made 24 hours in advance or payment is due for the time scheduled.
Massage Therapy Fees
|30 minutes||45 minutes||60 minutes|
Massage Therapy Punch Cards
Punch Cards are available in the Fitness Center's main office, Room 118. The 4-punch card expires 7 weeks from purchase and the 12-punch expires 3 months from purchase. Each punch represents one 15-minute session.
|4 Punch||12 Punch|
What can you expect during your massage session?
Your massage session will take place in a private room in the Health Promotion office, Room 214 of the Fitness Center. Music may be played during your session.
The therapist will ask your current state of physical condition, medical history, stress level, specific areas of pain, specific area you want to address. To spend every minute wisely, think about your session ahead of time. Are you looking for relief from a tension headache, muscle strain, or low back pain? You can speak to the therapist during your session as well as before.
To uphold the highest standards of professional conduct, the therapist will leave the room while you undress to your level of comfort. Only the part of the body being massaged will be uncovered ensuring that modesty is respected at all times. You should remove any jewelry that might interfere with the massage. The massage therapist will also leave when you dress, this a requirement of their licensure.
The massage therapist will use lotions or oils which reduce drag on the skin. If you have any allergies it is advised you bring your own lotion or oil. Otherwise, lotion or oil will provided.
Showers before your session are very benefical for relaxing the muscles, releasing tension and they are appreciated by the therapist.
After each session, it is very important to drink plenty of water to promote better health.
Your scheduled appointment time, (30, 45, 60 minutes), includes dressing and undressing.
If you are going to be late, a call is appreciated, but unfortunately the time will be deducted from your session.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Enhances General Health - Promotes well-nourished and healthy skin, improves circulation of blood and lymph, relaxes muscles and improves joint mobility, encourages general relaxation, improves immune system functioning, and improves energy flow.
- Alleviates Problem Conditions: General muscular tension and aches, tension headaches, muscular back pain, poor circulation, stress and anxiety.
- Supports Your Fitness or Sports Program: Relieves tired and sore muscles, helps improve flexibility, relaxes tight muscles, speeds recovery from strenuous physical exertion, and reduces anxiety of athletic competition.
- Combats the Negative Effects of Aging: Enhances tissue elasticity and joint flexibility, improves blood and lymph circulation, promotes healthy vibrant skin, improves immune system functioning, and relieves muscle aches and stiffness.
- Relieves the affects of stress - Triggers the relaxation response, relaxes tense muscles, reduces anxiety level, normalizes blocked energy flow, improves immune system functioning, and restores a calm mind and feeling of well-being.