TTU's Campus Recreations offers a variety of year-round swim lessons. A lifeguard is on duty to ensure the participants safety, and lessons are taught by qualified TTU students. Group swim lessons for children ages 3 and up are scheduled each semester. Lessons consist of eight 45-minute classes. These lessons are for current TTU students, members, eligible non-members, and dependents. Class size is limited to give the swim student ample practice time and individual attention. Private swim lessons are also available for people ages 3 and up and for current TTU students, members, eligible non-members, as well as spouses and dependents. Private swim lessons consist of six 30-minute lessons.
Pre-registration is required and can be completed in the main office, Room 118. For dates and times that registration will be accepted, please check the Group swim lesson page.To receive member rates, the registered person must be a Campus Recreation member. If you have any questions, call 372-6511.
New for 2011 - a $5.00 reduction for multiple children
- Student/Member $50.00
- Eligible Non-Member $75.00
- Students/Members $75.00
- Eligible Non-members $100.00
- Before each lesson begins, children and parents are asked to wait on the patio outside the pool, weather permitting or in the hall outside the pool entrance. This is to ensure that the transfer of the child to the instructor is in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Parents are asked to leave the pool during lessons. Parents can wait on the patio outside the pool, sit in the hall outside the pool entrance, watch television in the TV lounge next to the main entrance, walk on the track, or use the cardiovascular equipment on the second floor.
- Parental viewing is allowed during the fourth and eighth class. Instructors will inform parents of their 10-minute viewing session.
- Children will not be able to play in the pool before lessons start. A tired child cannot perform the skills asked.