What We Do
What We Do
The personnel of the Office of Research support the university's mission by:
- Disseminating information on funding opportunities for research, scholarly and creative activities.
- Providing background information for use in proposals.
- Conducting seminars and workshops on proposal writing and funding sources.
- Assisting faculty in the development of proposals.
- Reviewing proposals for accuracy, completeness and compliance with university, state and federal regulations.
- Preparing and negotiating grants and contracts.
- Administering Tennessee's Public Records Act (T.C.A. 49-7-120) relative to sponsored research and services.
- Executing awarded contracts and processing activation forms to establish accounts.
- Assisting faculty in protecting their ideas and implementing technology transfer activities.
- Monitoring compliance with a broad range of federal policies and guidelines that regulate research activities in the following areas: responsible conduct of research, research ethics, human subjects research and the humane care and use of animals in laboratory research and experimentation.