The Commission on Colleges requires that institutions establish a Leadership Team to manage and validate the internal institutional assessment of compliance with all Core Requirements, Comprehensive Standards, and Federal Requirements. The responsibilities of the Leadership Team include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and managing the internal review process, including developing the structure and timelines for ensuring the timely completion of all tasks.
- Coordinating the completion of the Compliance Certification by overseeing the institutional review of the extent of compliance with the SACSCOC Principles of Accreditation and the documentation of evidence supporting the extent of compliance.
- Ensuring that the institutional community is engaged in the review process and is informed of the progress of the review.
- Overseeing the completion and ensuring the accuracy of the Institutional Summary Form submitted at the time of the Orientation Meeting, included with the Compliance Certification, and updated for the On-Site Reaffirmation Committee.
- Developing the Focused Report, if the institution so chooses.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of the Quality Enhancement Plan.
- Overseeing arrangements for the on-site visit.
- Ensuring that the appropriate follow-up activities are in place to address compliance issues cited by the Off-Site Reaffirmation Committee, recommendations written by the On-Site Reaffirmation Committee, if any, and requests for subsequent monitoring reports by the SACSCOC Board of Trustees, if any.
TENNESSEE TECH LEADERSHIP TEAM FOR 2016 REAFFIRMATION
- Philip Oldham, President
Bahman Ghorashi, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Mark Stephens, Senior Associate Provost
Claire Stinson, Vice President for Finance and Business
Marc Burnett, Vice President for Student Affairs
Bharat Soni,Vice President for Research and Economic Development
Karen Lykins, Associate Vice President for Communication and Marketing
Lenly Weathers, Associate Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering and QEP Director
Brian O’Connor, Associate Professor of Mathematics and President of Faculty Senate
Sharon Huo, Associate Provost and SACSCOC Liaison