STEM Safari Saturdays
Events are 9am-12pm; Age Appropriate for PreK-3rd Graders; older siblings are welcome.
Safari Saturdays 2013-2014 / Topics Coming Soon
Safari Saturday 2012-2013 / Topics
Saturday, October 27: Magnificent Magnifiers
Magnify your learning and explore how light bends through a convex lens. Children will explore the magnification properties of fluids, examine fingerprints and textures, and compare how differently various “magnifiers” magnify.
Saturday, December 1: Majestic Measurement
This STEM Safari is beyond measure! Children and their families will engage in measurement activities involving length, area, volume, time, and weight. Children will practice measurement using standard and nonstandard units. Some stations will be introduced with children's literature.
Saturday, March 2: Marvelous Motion
Set learning in motion! Children and families will participate in hands-on activities exploring the concepts of centripetal force, centrifugal force, friction, momentum, and kinetic energy. It should be a moving experience!
Saturday, April 20: Multiplication Madness
Multiply your fun by bringing the family to an afternoon at the Oakley STEM Center! Children and their families will visit multiple stations that reinforce the concept of multiplication. One product of this Safari will be increased fluency with those tough math facts that are difficult to memorize. PLEASE NOTE: Although all young children are welcome, this Safari is specifically designed for grade school children learning their multiplication facts.
Please read the content below.
About Safari Saturdays
- Safari Saturdays are free, Saturday afternoon workshops in hands-on science and math for young learners and their families.
- These interactive programs are age-appropriate for PreK-3rd graders and encourage family participation.
- A parent/guardian must remain with the student/students regardless of age.
- Safari Saturdays are flexible events, come and go as your family’s schedule allows.
- Reservations are required; admission is free.
Permission / Photo Release Form
- Parent/guardians are requested to please print and complete the Permission/Information & Photo Release Form (PDF) and mail or bring with you the day of your child’s/children’s FAB Friday. Form not valid unless signed by parent/guardian.
Directions to the Oakley STEM Center
Using the STEM Center MarketPlace Store
Safari Saturday Registration Opens July 1
- Reservations Required; Admission is Free.
- Age appropriate for PreK-3rd graders; older siblings welcome.
Make Reservations Here After July 1
MAKE RESERVATIONS HERE using the STEM Center's online Safari Saturday MarketPlace Store (click).