STEM Safari Saturdays
Events are 9am-12pm; Age Appropriate for PreK-3rd Graders; older siblings are welcome.
Safari Saturdays 2013-2014
October 26: H2O-LYMPICSYoung learners will go for the gold as the experience the properties of water! Participants will earn medals and compete in several hands-on H2O-lympic events!
December 7: MY FOOD, MY BODY, MY HEALTH
Is food more than just something you eat? Let's discover the answer with interactive experiences about foods and nutrition.
March 1: SPRING INTO ENERGY
How do we generate energy? How is energy used? Just to power electronics and machines? What are alternative forms of energy? Kids and families will generate the answers during this engaging workshop.
April 12: APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS
What causes rain? What happens when it rains and the sun is shining? Get hands-on with weather to answer these questions and more!
Please read the content below.
About Safari Saturdays
- Safari Saturdays are free, Saturday afternoon workshops in hands-on science and math for young learners and their families.
- These interactive programs are age-appropriate for PreK-3rd graders and encourage family participation.
- A parent/guardian must remain with the student/students regardless of age.
- Safari Saturdays are flexible events, come and go as your family’s schedule allows.
- Reservations are required; admission is free.
Permission / Photo Release Form
- Parent/guardians are requested to please print and complete the Permission/Information & Photo Release Form (PDF) and mail or bring with you the day of your child’s/children’s FAB Friday. Form not valid unless signed by parent/guardian.
Directions to the Oakley STEM Center
Using the STEM Center MarketPlace Store
Safari Saturday Registration is OPEN!
- Reservations Required; Admission is Free.
- Age appropriate for PreK-3rd graders; older siblings welcome.
Make Reservations Here