Currently Enrolled Student Procedure
Tennessee Tech University
PO Box 5166
Cookeville, TN 38505-0001
Phone: (931) 372-6159
FAX: (931) 372-6597
Location: Derryberry Hall Room 304
Office Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00-4:30
To be considered for scholarships at TTU, you must:
Step 1 - Apply for scholarships by December 15 through ScholarWeb.
- One application makes you eligible for all TTU scholarships for which you meet the criteria. You do not have to apply for each scholarship individually.
- You will use your T Number to apply online for scholarships.
Step 2 - Submit recommendation letters or essays, if applicable.
Review the Recommendation Letters & Essays section to see if your major or any scholarships you wish to be reviewed for require letters of recommendation or an essay. You may also view the criteria and additional requirements for each scholarship by using the "Search Scholarships" feature within ScholarWeb.
- All essays must be submitted online via ScholarWeb by the scholarship application deadline, December 15, 2012.
Letters of Recommendation
- All letters of recommendation must be completed online via ScholarWeb by the recommender. When you apply online for scholarships, you will be asked to list the email address of any person who you wish to submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. These recommenders will immediately be emailed with instructions on completing a letter of recommendation for you. You can log in to your ScholarWeb account at any time to see which letters have been completed for you and which remain outstanding. Within ScholarWeb, you can send reminders to any recommenders who have not yet completed the letter for you. You can also view and update your recommenders as often as you wish until January 15, 2013, the deadline for letters of recommendation to be completed.
Step 3 - Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) if you wish to be considered for need-based scholarships.
- Complete the FAFSA (www.fafsa.ed.gov) by February 1, 2013, if you wish to be considered for need-based TTU scholarships for the 2013-2014 year. The FAFSA will open on January 1, 2013.
- The FAFSA is also the official federal document for determining financial need and eligibility for all forms of financial aid in addition to scholarships. If you are eligible for the Tennessee Education Lottery Scholarship, you must complete the FAFSA.
- The FAFSA is processed by the Office of Financial Aid. The Scholarship Office refers to it only for our need-based scholarships. For questions or information about the FAFSA, visit the Financial Aid website.
The following must be completed in order for you to receive a scholarship:
- You must have applied for scholarships at TTU by December 15.
- Most scholarships require that you be enrolled full-time (12 or more hours). Exceptions to this full-time requirement will be indicated within the scholarship criteria on ScholarWeb.
- You must be majoring within the department that offers you a scholarship. The major on file for you in the Records Office will be the major used for scholarship consideration. If you wish to change your major for scholarship consideration, you must do so by January 15th through the Records Office.
- You must have submitted all necessary documents by the published deadlines.
- Music Scholarships, Athletics Scholarships, ROTC Scholarships, and Honors Program Scholarships are applied for separately from the TTU Scholarship Application within ScholarWeb. Contact the appropriate department for more information on their application process.
If you are selected to receive a scholarship, you will be notified by the awarding department. All scholarships will be awarded by March 15.