REGISTRATION OPENS DECEMBER 1 | CLOSES MARCH 14, 2014
Fees | Online Registration Information | Project Abstract Requirements
Registration Fees: $10 Individual Project | $20 Two-Person Team Project
Online Registration Promotional Codes & Payment Options
Free & Reduced Lunch Fee Waivers
- If a STUDENT QUALIFIES for the free or reduced lunch program, enter LUNCH as the promotional code to waive the registration fee.
- If a SCHOOL IS PAYINGfor its students' registration fees, enter SCHOOL as the promotional code.
- Schools, please make payment arrangements (invoice, purchase order, etc.) with Christina Hatley,
- If you prefer to PAY BY CHECK, enter MAIL as the promotional code.
- Make check payable to: Tennessee Tech University
- Mail to: Oakley STEM Center, Science & Engineering Fair, TTU Box 5112, Cookeville TN 38505
MarketPlace Online Store Accepts Credit Cards
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express
If You Don't Have Access to a Computer
- If you don't have access to a computer for online registration and research abstract submission, please call Christina Hatley, 931-372-6598.
REGISTER HERE: Registration Opens December 1, 2013
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE REGIONAL SCIENCE & ENGINEERING FAIR.
- Two-person teams: Each team member must register individually.
- An email confirmation of your registration will be sent to the email address entered in the online registration form.
Research Abstract Requirements for Registration | Online Submission Form | All Divisions
- 50-word Research Abstract: Intermediate Division (4th-6th Grade)
- 100-word Research Abstract: Junior (7th-9th Grade) and Senior (10th-12th Grade)
- Competitors MUST SUBMIT their Research Abstract using the Online Submission Form provided.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR RESEARCH ABSTRACT AND COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION.
2014 Cumberland Plateau Regional Science & Engineering Fair
Saturday, March 22: Fair Schedule & Check In
NEW FAIR SCHEDULE FOR 2014 - ONE DAY ONLY! Saturday, March 22
7 - 9am / Exhibitor Check In / Oakley STEM Center Lobby
- Teachers may check in research exhibits on behalf of their students, if parents and/or students are unable to Check In during that time.
- Bring to Check In:
- your reseach display board
- all your required forms and approvals (see "REQUIRED FORMS & RESEARCH APPROVALS" to make sure all the appropriate forms and signatures are with the student(s) for check in)
- two (2) copies of your Research Abstract
9 - 10am / Opening Ceremony & Activities
- Student participants, their families and friends can kick off the 60th annual regional fair with an exciting Science Magic Show demonstration in the Oakley STEM Center Auditorium.
10 - 10:30am / Break Prior to Beginning of Judging Process
10:30am - 2pm / Judging of Projects/Exhibits
Please note: Exhibit areas are CLOSED to parents and the public during judging. A list of activities and accessible dining will be provided to participating families.
- SENIOR DIVISION (10th-12th grade) competitors are required to be present to respond to judges.
- JUNIOR DIVISION (7th-9th grade) competitors are required to be present to respond to judges.
- INTERMEDIATE DIVISION (4th-6th grade) competitors are strongly encouraged to be present for the experience, but not required.
- Note: If a competitor has a significant conflict, attendance is not required, though the absence may be reflected in judges response due to inability to confer with student researcher.
- FYI: Research Projects must remain on display until the end of the Awards Ceremony.
2 - 4pm / Exhibits Open for Public Viewing
- Exhibits are open to the public for viewing from 2 - 4pm, while judges tabulate the results of the Regional Science & Engineering Fair.
4 - 5pm / 60th Annual Awards Ceremony
- 2014 Awards Ceremony is in the Auditorium of the Oakley STEM Center.
- Photos of awards winners will be taken as the awards are received; please complete the Science & Engineering Fair Photo Release Form (PDF).
- Release Form MUST be signed by parent/guardian to be valid.
Neighborhood Restaurants & Activities
Visit Cookeville's Historic WestSide - just blocks from TTU & Oakley STEM Center.
Lunch, Treats, Activities & Fun!
Participants and their families and friends may experience “wait times” during the regional science and engineering fair (during judging, etc.).
- See the list below for a variety of food and activity options for the whole family – including family-friendly neighborhood eateries, museums, and TTU sports.
- Take your Science and Engineering Fair program/schedule or activity flier to the participating restaurants on Cookeville's historic WestSide, just blocks from the Oakley STEM Center, to receive specials and discounts.
2014 Discount Information Coming Soon!
Driving Directions to Tennessee Tech and the Oakley STEM Center
Includes Interactive Campus Map