REGISTRATION OPENS DECEMBER 11 | CLOSES MARCH 18, 2014
Fees | Online Registration Information | Project Abstract Requirements
Registration Fees: $10 Individual Project | $20 Two-Person Team Project
Online Registration Promotional Codes & Payment Options
Free & Reduced Lunch Fee Waivers
- If a STUDENT QUALIFIES for the free or reduced lunch program, enter LUNCH as the promotional code to waive the registration fee.
- If a SCHOOL IS PAYING for its students' registration fees, enter SCHOOL as the promotional code.
- Schools, please make payment arrangements (invoice, purchase order, etc.) with Christina Hatley,
- If you prefer to PAY BY CHECK, enter MAIL as the promotional code.
- Make check payable to: Tennessee Tech University
- Mail to: Oakley STEM Center, Science & Engineering Fair, TTU Box 5112, Cookeville TN 38505
MarketPlace Online Store Accepts Credit Cards
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express
If You Don't Have Access to a Computer
- If you don't have access to a computer for online registration and research abstract submission, please call Christina Hatley, 931-372-6598.
REGISTER HERE: Registration is OPEN!!
- Two-person teams: Each team member must register individually.
- REMEMBER...Indicate on your Online Registration how you will be submitting your Research Abstract (see options for submission below).
- An email confirmation of your registration will be sent to the email address entered in the online registration form.
Research Abstract Requirements for Registration | All Divisions
Competitors MUST submit an abstract of their research project to complete their registration.
50-word Research Abstract: INTERMEDIATE DIVISION (4th-6th Grade)
- 100-word Research Abstract: JUNIOR DIVISION (7th-9th Grade) and SENIOR DIVISION (10th-12th Grade)
Three Options to Submit Your Research Abstract...
1) EMAIL Your Abstract to: Christina Hatley -
2) FAX Your Abstract to: Christina Hatley - 931-372-3517.
3) MAIL Your Abstract to:
Tennessee Tech University
Oakley STEM Center
Attn: Christina Hatley
Cookeville TN 38505
2014 Cumberland Plateau Regional Science & Engineering Fair
Saturday, March 22: Fair Schedule & Check In
NEW FAIR SCHEDULE FOR 2014 - ONE DAY ONLY! Saturday, March 22
7 - 9am / Exhibitor Check In / Oakley STEM Center Lobby
- Teachers may check in research exhibits on behalf of their students, if parents and/or students are unable to Check In during that time.
- Bring to Check In:
- your reseach display board
- all your required forms and approvals (see "REQUIRED FORMS & RESEARCH APPROVALS" to make sure all the appropriate forms and signatures are with the student(s) for check in)
- two (2) copies of your Research Abstract
9 - 10:30am / Break Prior to Beginning of Judging Process
10:30am - 2pm / Judging of Projects/Exhibits
Please note: Exhibit areas are CLOSED to parents and the public during judging. A list of activities and accessible dining will be provided to participating families.
- SENIOR DIVISION (10th-12th grade) competitors are required to be present to respond to judges.
- JUNIOR DIVISION (7th-9th grade) competitors are required to be present to respond to judges.
- INTERMEDIATE DIVISION (4th-6th grade) competitors are strongly encouraged to be present for the experience, but not required.
- Note: If a competitor has a significant conflict, attendance is not required, though the absence may be reflected in judges response due to inability to confer with student researcher.
- FYI: Research Projects must remain on display until the end of the Awards Ceremony.
2 - 4pm / Exhibits Open for Public Viewing
- Exhibits are open to the public for viewing from 2 - 4pm, while judges tabulate the results of the Regional Science & Engineering Fair.
4 - 5pm / 60th Annual Awards Ceremony
- 2014 Awards Ceremony is in the Auditorium of the Oakley STEM Center.
- Photos of awards winners will be taken as the awards are received; please complete the Science & Engineering Fair Photo Release Form (PDF).
- Release Form MUST be signed by parent/guardian to be valid.
Neighborhood Restaurants & Activities
Visit Cookeville's Historic WestSide - just blocks from TTU & Oakley STEM Center.
Lunch, Treats, Activities & Fun!
Participants and their families and friends may experience “wait times” during the regional science and engineering fair on Saturday, March 22, 2014 (during judging and when the exhibits are open for public viewing).
- See the list below for a variety of food and activity options for the whole family – including family-friendly neighborhood eateries, museums, and TTU sports.
- Take your Science & Engineering Fair program/schedule or activity flier to the participating restaurants on Cookeville's historic WestSide, just blocks from the Oakley STEM Center, to receive specials and discounts.
HISTORIC WESTSIDE DINING & DISCOUNTS
Charity's Bake Shop & Cafe
11 N. Oak Street | 931-526-6556 | 8am - 8pm
Cream City Ice Cream & Coffee House119 W. Broad Street | 931-528-2732 | 11am - 10pm
22 N. Cedar Avenue | 931-528-5090 | 10am - 6pm
- Slice of Cheese Pizza & Canned Soda $3.50
- Facebook: World Foods
MUSEUMS & LIBRARY EXHIBITS & EVENTS | Free Admission
Cookeville Depot Museum
116 W. Broad Street | 931-528-8570 | 10am - 4pm
Cookeville History Museum
40 E. Broad Street | 931-520-5455 | 10am - 4pm
Putnam County Library
50 E. Broad Street | 931-526-2416 | 10am - 5pm
- Saturday, March 22: GAME DAY | Kids, Families & Adults | 2 - 4pm
- Website: pclibrary.org
TTU SPORTING EVENTS ON MARCH 22 | Free Admission
Playing fields are located on N. Willow Avenue, across from the Hooper Eblen Center.
- Men's Baseball Game @ 3pm | TTU vs. UT Martin
- Women's Softball Games @ 1pm & 3pm | TTU vs. Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville
- Website: TTU Sports.com
Driving Directions to Tennessee Tech and the Oakley STEM Center
Includes Interactive Campus Map