What to Bring
RECOMMENDED ITEMS FOR SOAR
All students and guests attending a SOAR session should consider bringing the following items:
- comfortable clothing such as tennis shoes, shorts, t-shirts for evening activities on day one (students only)
- comfortable walking shoes
- Government-issued photo identification (Drivers License, state-issued ID card, passport, or US Military ID)
- notebook/writing pad
- required documentation for I-9 Card IF working on campus (for more information click here)
- internet accessible device (for after Day 1 orientation activities)
- checkbook (to purchase items; tuition will NOT be paid at this time)
- snacks and water (University Bookstore will be open to purchase snacks or drinks, if needed)
All students and guests who are attending a SOAR session and registered with overnight housing should consider bringing the following items:
- everything previously listed for SOAR
- blanket and personal pillow (TTU provides sheets, a pillow with pillowcase, a towel, and a washcloth for guests registered for SOAR On-Campus Lodging)
- shower shoes (each residence hall room for on-campus lodging has a private bathroom for the 2 students/guests assigned to that room)
- personal toiletries
- entertainment devices: MP3 players, digital readers, or personal dvd players (TVs are not provided in the residence hall room)
- laptop, tablet, or other internet accessible device
Students that will be working on campus will need to obtain an I-9 card, Employment Eligibility Verification Form. You will not be able to pick up your work assignment or start working until the process is complete. It’s suggested that you complete this process while at SOAR so please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions section on the Human Resources website for details on how to complete the I-9 process. The HR office will have representatives in the University Center, during the afternoon, on your second day of SOAR.
STUDENT ACCOUNT HOLDS
Prior to your SOAR session you may be contacted via your TTU campus email (tntech.edu/studentemail) to resolve the following items (or holds) on your account. We encourage each student to resolve these matters prior to their orientation session to prevent any problems with their admittance or course registration.
Currently, the United States Government requires all male students 18 years or older to register with the Selective Service. If you are male and checked 'No' regarding this registration on your application for admission but are now 18 years old, then check your Tech email for instructions. For more information please visit http://www.sss.gov/.
Student Health Form (please fill out the biographical information). Health History is not required, but encouraged in case you are ever treated in Health Services. Photocopies of official medical records are an acceptable replacement for signatures on this form. The MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella Vaccine) section is ONLY required for out-of-state and homeschooled students. The Varicella (Chicken Pox) section is a state law that requires all new students to have one of the following: documentation of 2 Varicella immunizations, documentation of immunity, or documentation of a past history of the disease.
Hepatitis/Meningitis Waiver Form - If you are 17 and under at the time you attend SOAR. Your parent or legal guardian is required to complete and sign both sections of this form.
TTU STUDENT ID (EAGLE CARD)
Students that are attending SOAR will be taking their college I.D. picture immediately following check-in on day one, so please dress the way you wish to be displayed on your I.D.
Students must bring a valid photo I.D. to have their Eagle Card made.