July 2013 organizational changes
Changes to Tennessee Tech’s organizational chart, effective July 2, 2013, are outlined as follows.
- Rename the College of Agricultural and Human Sciences as the College of Agriculture and Human Ecology, with the existing School of Agriculture and School of Human Ecology reporting to this college.
- Create the Whitson-Hester School of Nursing as an independent academic unit.
- Reorganize the Department of English and Communications into two separate academic units, the Department of English and the Department of Communication, to be implemented Fall 2013.
- Establish the Office of Research and Economic Development, including the transfer of the vacant position of Vice President of Extended Programs and Regional Development to this unit and to realign the former functions of Extended Programs and Regional Development. Reporting to the newly-established unit effective August 1, 2013, are:
- Office of Research
- Millard Oakley STEM Center
- Tech-REDI Regional Economic Development Institute
- Water Resources Center
- Create a position of Dean of the College of Interdisciplinary Studies. Reporting alignments with the elimination of Extended Programs and Regional Development to the College of Interdisciplinary Studies are:
- Distance Learning, to the College of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Off-Campus Programs (Eastern, Southern and Western regions) to the College of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Extended Programs, to include Non-Credit Programs and Special Events and Projects, to the College of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Realign reporting for the University Service Center to the Office of Student Affairs
- Establish position of Senior Associate Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs to report directly to the Provost. Realignments of reporting within the Office of Academic Affairs are:
- Graduate Studies Administration, from Provost to Senior Associate Provost and VP
- Joe L. Evins Appalachian Center for Craft (administrative) to Senior Associate Provost and VP
- Career Services to Senior Associate Provost and VP
- Faculty Development to Senior Associate Provost and VP
- Honors Program to Senior Associate Provost and VP
- International Education to Senior Associate Provost and VP
- The Associate Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs will retain reporting for:
- Performance Funding
Additional changes to the approved organizational chart are:
- Name changes of the following offices and units within Enrollment Management
- Enrollment Management to Enrollment Management and Student Success
- Records and Registration to Registrar
- ScholarWeb to Scholarships
- Transfer Coordination to Academic Services
- Addition of advising or student success centers
- College of Education—Advising Center
- College of Engineering—Student Success Center
- College of Interdisciplinary Studies—Student Success Center
The President has approved an additional update for immediate implementation:
- Realigned reporting structure of the CIO of Information Technology Services to report directly to the President.