ODS to host access webinar Aug. 29
The Office of Disability Services will host an audio conference from 2 - 3:30- p.m. Thursday, Aug. 29.
Panelists will be:
• Anne E. Langford, attorney, Disability Rights Section, Civil Rights Division, U.S. Dept. of Justice
• Judith Risch, attorney, Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Dept. of Education
• Jo Anne Simon, private practice attorney and adjunct law professor at Fordham University
Facilitated by L. Scott Lissner, President of the AHEAD & ADA Coordinator, The Ohio State University
In recent months, litigation and enforcement by the Depts of Justice and Education have created a consistent legal standard for access to instruction mediated by information and communications technology. The panel members will review these milestones and set the stage for a discussion of how institutions can evaluate and improve their approach to access and compliance.
Who might be interested:
• chief information officers
• distance and e-learning
• instructional design and faculty development
• faculty governance technology and instructional committees
• compliance officers and university counsel
• disability resources offices
Call Disability Services at 6119 to reserve a spot. The webinar will be streamed in ODS, RUC 112. Seating is limited.