STEM in Your Community: Youth Organization Staff & Volunteers
- STEM Resources & Enrichment for Youth Organization Staff & Volunteers
- UCRSI Volunteer Corp
- Program Contacts
Enrichment Programs Designed for Informal Education Providers & Community Volunteers
Coming on April 19: Professional Development for Organizations
Project WILD & Project Learning Tree
- Saturday, April 19, 2014
- 8:30am - 3:30pm
- FREE Professional Development
- Presenters: Dr. Jane Baker & Jennifer Meadows
- Location: Oakley STEM Center, Room 137
- Space is limited - REGISTER NOW.
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR PROJECT WILD & PROJECT LEARNING TREE ONLINE THROUGH MARKETPLACE
STEM Education Opportunities for Youth Organization Staff & Volunteers
The Oakley STEM Center is pleased to announce the creation of a new program, STEM Enrichment Sessions, to enhance access to STEM education/activities and learning in informal, community-based settings.
STEM Enrichment Sessions:
We Can Help!
Enrichment Sessions Leader:
Dr. Sally Pardue, Director of the Millard Oakley STEM Center and Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Leaders and volunteers involved in community enrichment organizations/programs for children, such as Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Explorers, 4-H volunteers, Leadership Programs, or other youth development organizations, are invited to participate.
- Experience a series hands-on learning activities representative of some engaging STEM projects available to your group.
- PLUS, get information about online resources and links providing STEM-education activities.
UCRSI Volunteer Corp: An Invaluable Resource
- Teachers, schools and organizations will have access to a developing group of business professionals who are available to volunteer to bring their STEM-related background and experiences to your classroom or group.
- These adult volunteers have access to attend STEM Enrichment Sessions and other support materials.
Upper Cumberland Rural STEM Initiative Volunteer Corp
The UCRSI Volunteer Corp is a developing group of businesses/companies, organizations, and individuals who will partner with the Oakley STEM Center as volunteers to use their professional knowledge and talent to provide STEM-education resources/activities, visit classrooms and partner with teachers, work with youth development organizations to enhance their programs and STEM access.
UCRSI Volunteers may...
- Attend STEM Enrichment Sessions.
- Receive insight and training on communicating with students and access to online resources.
- Have the option to join the Oakley STEM Center's STEM User Group Membership for extended STEM-education/activity experiences.
STEM Enrichment Sessions Contact
Patti Reab, Assistant to Director