STEM Enrichment Sessions
About STEM Enrichment Sessions
A New Program Designed for Youth Organization Staff & Volunteers
Led by Dr. Sally Pardue, Director of the Oakley STEM Center
Sunday, April 27, 2014 from 1:30-3:30pm | FREE
STEM & Your Community/Youth Organization Staff & Volunteers
- Engaging in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, STEM subjects, is essential to the education and creative development of students in and out of the classroom.
- Staff and volunteers of youth development organizations and community groups (i.e. Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Leadership Programs, etc.)
- Explore STEM resources and hands-on learning.
- Increase your comfort in sharing STEM-related activities with your group.
- Learn about interactive STEM activities you can present to your group.
- Share access to STEM resources for your group.
- Explore working with different age groups (positive leadership model).
- Sunday, April 27, 2014 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. | Session is FREE!
- Millard Oakley STEM Center, 155 West 7th Street in Cookeville, at the corner of 7th Street and Stadium Drive on Tennessee Tech’s campus.
- Increase interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM subjects) that are essential to the education and creative development of children in and out of the classroom.
- To gain understanding and resources to share STEM subjects.
Registration is OPEN | Enrichment Sessions are FREE
STEM Enrichment Sessions are designed for adult volunteers.
2013-2014 Enrichment Session Schedule
Sunday, July 28, 2013 | 1:30-3:30pm
Sunday, Oct. 27, 2013 | 1:30-3:30pm
Sunday, April 27, 2014 | 1:30-3:30pm
October 27 | 1:30-3:30p.m. | STEM Enrichment Session: Working Together
Online Registration is Open | FREE
CLICK HERE to make your FREE online reservations through the Oakley STEM Center's MarketPlace Store.
About Links & Online Resources
Groups, schools, and volunteers are invited to peruse the list of links and resources below for ideas and opportunities to bring fun and exciting STEM experiences and activities to your classroom or organization.
Upper Cumberland Rural STEM Initiative (UCRSI): Interactive Website
- UCRSI provides regional educators, formal and informal, access to commentary, projects, and support interaction to assist in the dissemination of quality STEM content.
NASA Space Place for Parents & Educators
- A resources for families, educators, and youth organizations with using activities, video, and more!
NASA Space Place / Youth & Community Activities
- NASA's compiled list of opportunities, resources and suggestions for projects, activities and community engagement.
PBS offers a vast amount of resources for educators at grade level. Visit PBS Teachers, hover over the Grade Levels to reveal a list of specific educational topics.
PBS provides parents and external informal educators with fun, interactive projects; hover over Education and Fun & Games for great topics and activities.