About Upcoming Events
4th Annual Longest Day of the Year Family & Community Workshop
Want to learn more about the Earth’s longest day of the year on June 21, the Summer Solstice?
Join the Oakley STEM Center and explore the mysteries of space, seasons, planets, observe the stars by telescope, and more on the evening of the longest day of the year – the summer solstice.
- The free-admission event is a family-centered educational, open-house allowing visitors to experience a variety of activities and learning stations.
- Learn about the reasons for the seasons and why we have a “longest day."
- Use telescopes and solarscopes, and more!
Reservation Information for Parents/Guardians
- Parent/guardians must remain on-site with children during the workshops.
- Please complete the Permission/Photo Release form and bring with you when you check in for The Longest Day.
- PERMISSION/PHOTO RELEASE FORM (PDF) - coming soon.
MAKE RESERVATIONS: Click Below to Register Online with MarketPlace.