EXPEDITION Field Trips for Schools
STEM Center User Group Members - Bring Your Students on an EXPEDITION!
EXPEDITION Field Trips for K-12 Graders | 2013-2014 Registration OPEN
NOTE: It is a requirement that teachers attend STEM Center User Group Training in order to participate in the EXPEDITION Field Trip program.
What is an EXPEDITION Field Trip?
During the STEM Center’s EXPEDITIONS Field Trip program K-12 grade students participate in two (2) hands-on, minds-on, cross-curricular, standards-aligned activities; PLUS a Virtual Theater experience.
- EXPEDITIONS take place at the STEM Center utilizing state-of-the-art facilities, equipment, and resources.
- STEM Center User Group Members are eligible to bring their students on an EXPEDITIONS field trip.
- STEM Center User group members lead the hands-on activities for their students. STEM Center staff will lead the Virtual Theater experience.
- STEM Center User Group Members are equipped to lead EXPEDITIONS experiences during STEM Center User Group training, a six-hour, intensive professional development workshop offered by the STEM Center..
- Please CLICK HERE for more information on becoming a STEM Center User Group Member.
Field Trip Summary
Program Information & Schedule for Teachers
- An EXPEDITION Field Trip is approximately 3.5 hours (with lunch, an EXPEDITION is approximately 4 hours) and can be tailored to accommodate a variety of arrival and departure times.
- EXPEDITIONS are scheduled in the months of May and August.
- Each activity can accommodate 25-30 students. Total capacity is 75-100 students during one EXPEDITION.
- 15 minutes: Welcome & Orientation
- 1 hour: Activity – Part 1: Build & Test
- 1 hour: Activity – Part 2: Re-Build/Improve & Test
- 20-40 minute: Virtual Theater Experience
- NOTE: Though lunch is not provided as part of the program, we can schedule a lunch break and have refrigeration on-site in which to store sack lunches and beverage.
Fall Semester 2013 EXPEDITION Dates:
- September 13
- October 11 | October 25
- November 1 | November 8 | November 15
Spring Semester 2014 EXPEDITION Dates:
- February 21
- March 28
- April 25
- May 2 | May 9 | May 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, 21
Registration Information & Guide
Teachers who have completed the STEM Center User Group Training Program may register their classes for EXPEDITION Field Trips through the STEM Center's online MarketPlace Store.
Permission & Photo Release Form
Teachers please inform parent/guardians of this form. Print and complete the Permission/Information & Photo Release Form (PDF) and bring with you the day of your class EXPEDITION Field Trip. Form not valid unless signed by parent/guardian.