FAB Friday 2013-2014 Schedule | Admission is FREE
Events are from 6-8pm (central); Age appropriate for 4th - 12th Graders & Their Families
FAB Fridays 2013-2014 / Topics Coming Soon
FAB Fridays 2012-2013 / Topics:
Friday, September 28: All About Flight
- Launch rockets!
- Explore Newton's Law of Motion!
- Learn About Wing Design / Why Planes Fly!
- Build Your Own Rocket & Launcher!
- Plus more!
Friday, November 9:
Investigating Material Properties
Explore testing the strength and composition, both chemically and physically, of different materials.
Learn about density, chromatography, viscosity, mass, conductivity, and more!
FAB Friday, February 22:
Featuring NASA SLS (Space Launch System) Project Debut
- Create moving vehicles to demonstrate the principles of drag, thrust, and vectoring!
- Learn how rocket engines work!Use a wind tunnel to test paper airplanes!
- Make and launch simple rockets!
- PLUS!! WCTE's PBS Kids Mobile Media Lab on-site with iPads and Kindle Fires - Learn to use APPS to extend learning beyond the classroom!
FAB Friday April 12:
Multiple Moving Mechanisms
- LEGO Mindstorms
- Pallalax Robots
- Pop Up Books
- Simple Motors
Parent / Guardian Information for STEM FAB Fridays
Please read the following content.
About FAB Fridays
Permission / Photo Release Form
- Parent/guardians are requested to please print and complete the Permission/Information & Photo Release Form (PDF) and mail or bring with you the day of your child’s/children’s FAB Friday. Form not valid unless signed by parent/guardian.
Directions to the Oakley STEM Center
MAKE YOUR FAB FRIDAY RESERVATIONS ONLINE
Using the STEM Center MarketPlace Store.
FAB Friday Registration for 2013-2014 Opens July 1
- Reservations Required; Admission is Free.
- Age appropriate for 4th - 12th graders; younger siblings welcome.
Make Reservations Here After July 1
CLICK HERE to make your free online reservations in MarketPlace.