Kids & Families
See Tentative Schedule Below | Registration Opens July 1st
The Millard Oakley STEM Center offers STEM FAB FRIDAYS, for 4th through 12th graders and their families. FAB Fridays are fun, interactive experiences for kids and parent/guardians to explore hands-on technology, science and engineering equipment and activities.
FAB Fridays 2013-2014
The evening events are from 6-8pm; families may come and go as their schedules allow.
2012-2013 FAB Fridays / Topics
September 28: All About Flight
November 9: Investigating Material Properties
February 22: Featuring NASA SLS (Space Launch System) Project Debut
April 12: Multiple Moving Mechanisms
See Tentative Schedule Below; Registration Opens July 1st
The Millard Oakley STEM Center offers young learners and their families a variety of fun, engaging learning experiences. Children PreK-3rd grade, and their families (older siblings are welcome), are invited to attend STEM Safari Saturdays.
Safari Saturdays 2013-2014
The events are from 9am-12pm; families may come and go as their schedules allow.
2012-2013 Safari Saturday Topics
- October 27: Magnificent Magnifiers
- December 1: Majestic Measurement
- March 2: Marvelous Motion
- April 20: Multiplication Madness
3rd Annual Longest Day of the Year Family Workshop
Want to learn more about the Earth’s longest day of the year on June 21, the Summer Solstice?
Join the Oakley STEM Center’s astronomy expert Marc Robinson and explore the mysteries of space, seasons, planets, observe the stars by telescope, and more on the evening of the longest day of the year – the summer solstice.
The free-admission event is a family-centered educational, open-house allowing visitors to experience a variety of activities and learning stations.
- Learn about the reasons for the seasons and why we have a “longest day”;
- Use telescopes and solarscopes, and more!
Reservations & Info for Parent/Guardians
- Reservations are required, but admission is free.
- Parent/guardians must remain on-site with children during the workshops.
- Workshop Permission/Photo Release (PDF)
- Parent/Guardians please complete the above Permission/Photo Release and bring with you when you check in for the Longest Day.