Millard Oakley STEM Center
Oakley STEM Center: STEM Standards-Aligned PD for Teachers PreK-12th Summary
The Oakley STEM Center offers a wide range of cutting-edge professional development for educators throughout the year, including:
- Hands-on, on-site training and related EXPEDITION field trips for students
- NEXT USER GROUP TRAINING DATE: Saturday, April 5, 2014 from 8:30am - 3:30pm
- TN learning standards and core content-targeted training in needs-identified STEM subjects.
- PD workshops range from 3 credit hours up to 12 credit hours.
- Content/strategies for introducing young learners to STEM concepts and activities.
- Early Childhood-dedicated Learning Studio on-site at the Oakley STEM Center.
- Examples: STEM UnConference (Oct. 2011), Sally Ride Science (Fall 2010), NASA (Summer 2010)
On-Site NASA Educator Resource Center (ERC)
The NASA Educator Resource Center (ERC) in Tennessee Tech University’s Millard Oakley STEM Center is focused on helping teachers learn about and have access to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s vast educational resources.
Field ERCs provide educators with...
- Demonstrations of educational technologies and in-service/pre-service training utilizing NASA instructional products categorized by grade level, including classroom activities, lesson plans, videos, and more.
- Opportunities to preview, copy and receive NASA instructional products.
- Access to workshops and conferences related to their subject matter.
- Lending Library of ERC resources and support materials for teachers and schools throughout the region and state.
STEM Center User Group Training/Membership & EXPEDITION Field Trips
This unique PD membership program offers teachers, grades K-12, professional development workshops and access to state-of-the-art equipment and resources in the STEM Center’s Learning Studios.
The EXPEDITION Field Trip experience is the class/school participation component of the User Group program in which the trained teacher/user group member leads their students through engaging hands-on activities and projects.
NEXT USER GROUP TRAINING:
Saturday, April 5, 2014
$60 | 6 hrs PD credit