Adding a Degree or Endorsement
Office of Teacher Education
Adding an Advanced Degree
Advanced Degree applications may be submitted directly to the Tennessee Department of Education.
- Students should request a "Student Official Transcript" be sent to them from the Tennessee Tech University Records Office.
- Complete the 1-page application found at the Tennessee Department of Education website.
- Submit the transcript and 1-page application as a packet to the Tennessee Department of Education.
- Additional information regarding adding an Advanced Degree is also available at the Department of Education website.
Adding an Endorsement to Your Current Teaching License
- Endorsements being added by test only may be submitted directly to the Tennessee Department of Education. Additional information is available on the Tennessee Department of Education website.
- Students who have completed coursework to add an endorsement must submit their application paperwork through the university where the coursework/additional endorsement program was completed.
License/Endorsement Application Process at Tennessee Tech
- Begin the process by submitting your information through the online form (see link to form on the right side of this page).
Online ApplicationCLICK HERE
to complete the online application to Add a License/Endorsement to your teaching credentials.
- Enter your information as you want it to appear on your Tennessee Teaching License.
- NOTE: Before submitting make sure your information is correct and you have used correct capitalization, abbreviations and punctuation.
- After your information is submitted, the TTU Office of Teacher Education will process your application.
- An application and transcript request form will be generated using the information you submitted and returned by to you by email.
- NOTE: This is not an automated process. Our goal is to return your application within 2 business days. Please keep in mind that during peak times, such as the end of the semester, the 2-day turnaround time may not be possible.
- Carefully read the email with the attachments to complete the application process.
- The email attachments must be completed, printed, signed and returned to the TTU Office of Teacher Education.
Required Forms & Application Processing for Additional Endorsement
- The Office of Teacher Education must have original forms to submit your license. Fax/email copies will not be accepted.
- An official copy of your Praxis scores must be on file at Tennessee Technological University before your application paperwork is submitted to the Tennessee Department of Education.
- Applications cannot be processed until all grades are posted. Once the semester ends, students should allow a minimum of 4 weeks for applications to be submitted to the Tennessee Department of Education.
- Applications not waiting for grades to be posted or the end of the semester should allow a minimum of 2 weeks for applications to be submitted to the Tennessee Department of Education.
- Tennessee Department of Education has information regarding their processing time, Highly Qualified Status, and printing of applications on their webpage (CLICK HERE).
- Highly Qualified Status is submitted or updated by a school system, not the University.