Office of Teacher Education
Applying for an Administrator's License
The application paperwork for an Administrator’s License must be submitted by the University.
- The Office of Teacher Education processes this paperwork for students completing the Instructional Leadership License (ILLA or ILLB) program at Tennessee Tech.
- The application process should be started and completed during the last semester in the program.
The Application Process
Complete and submit the Teaching License Application (CLICK HERE)
- Enter your information as you want it to appear on your Tennessee Teaching License.
- Before submitting, review and make sure your information is correct (correct capitalization, abbreviations and punctuation).
- After your information is submitted the TTU Office of Teacher Education will process your submission.
- An application and transcript request form will be generated using the information you submitted and returned by to you by email.
- This is not an automated process. Our goal is to return your application within 2 working days. Please keep in mind during peak times (such as the end of the semester) this 2-day turnaround may not be possible.
- Read the email from our office (including the attachments) carefully in order to complete the application process.
- The email attachments must be completed, printed, signed and returned to the TTU Office of Teacher Education.
- Applying students must submit a completed:
- Experience Verification Form (PDF) with their application (see link above), and a transcript request form (sent to you by the Office of Teacher Education in your email attachments).
Forms & Praxis Scores
- The TTU Office of Teacher Education must have original forms to submit your license application to the Tennessee Department of Education (TNDE). Fax and/or email copies will not be accepted.
- An official copy of your Praxis scores must be on file at Tennessee Tech University before your application paperwork is submitted.
- Applications cannot be processed until all grades and degrees are posted.
- Once the semester ends, students should allow a minimum of 4 weeks for applications to be submitted to the TNDE.
- CLICK HERE to visit the TNDE website for information regarding processing times, Highly Qualified Status, and printing of applications.
NOTICE: Licensure Update
- On September 1, 2011 the Beginning Administrator’s License (BAL) was replaced by the Instructional Leadership License (ILL-A or ILL-B).
- After December 1, 2011 the Tennessee Department of Education no longer accepts applications for the former BAL license.