Requirements for Admission: Teacher Education Program
STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER FOR OR OBTAIN PERMITS FOR ANY UPPER DIVISION CLASSES UNTIL THEY ARE FULLY ADMITTED TO THE TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAM. A PRE-REQ/TEST CODE ERROR WILL BE GIVEN DURING REGISTRATION IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN FULLY ADMITTED.
- All students (including non-degree seeking) who are pursuing teacher licensure must be admitted to the Teacher Education Program.
- The requirements for admission to the Teacher Education Program will differ depending on your program path.
- Please be sure to follow the requirements that apply to you in the correct section below. If you are unsure of which requirements you need to follow, please check with your academic advisor.
- The undergraduate admission process applies to students pursuing a bachelor’s degree and transfer students that received the AS or AAS Degrees from a community college.
- In order to obtain full admission to the program, you must complete all requirements listed here for undergraduate admission.
AST Degree Requirements
- Students who completed the AST (Associate Science in Teaching) Degree through a community college will have completed some requirements previously in order to obtain their AST degree.
- In order to complete full admission to the Teacher Education Program at Tennessee Tech University students must show proof of having been awarded the AST Degree (this will be listed on official transcripts) as well as complete the requirements listed here for admission with an AST Degree.
- A post-baccalaureate student is someone who already has a bachelors or higher degree.
- Post-baccalaureates are allowed to take up to 12 undergraduate hours during their first attending semester OR up to 9 graduate hours during their first attending semester without being fully admitted to the program.
- The application, interview process, and background check are required BEFORE registration of the first attending semester.
- A post-baccalaureate student will have only ONE semester to complete ALL requirements for admission to the Teacher Education program.
- For more detailed information on admission requirements, please click here.
Courses Requiring Admission to the Teacher Education Program
- To view courses that require admission to the Teacher Education Program, please click here.