Tennessee Code Annotated 49-5-5610 requirements for entering teacher training programs.
All students wishing to enter approved teacher training programs shall be required to:
1. Supply a fingerprint sample and submit to a criminal history records check to be conducted by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI): and
2. Agree that the TBI may send information indicating the results of the criminal history records check to the TTU Office of Teacher Education. The results will indicate whether the applicant has a criminal conviction that would result in automatic revocation of a teacher's license pursuant to this chapter and under Tennessee Rules of State Board of Education.
As a result, all students applying for a teaching program must complete the following steps to obtain the required criminal background check and fingerprinting:
1. Complete the Background Check Authorization Form and return to Precious Edmonds, Foundation Hall, room 136 or Fax to 931-372-6286. This form must have your signature or else it will not be accepted!!
2. Go to the IdentoGO by MorphoTrust USA website and click the link for "Online Scheduling".
4. Schedule a fingerprinting appointment at one of the locations nearest to you during your registration process. You can view available locations here.
5. Payment options will be presented at the end of the online registration process (Options: Money Order, eCheck, Cashier’s check, Visa or Mastercard). The cost is $42.
6. Please be aware, if your results come in showing a "reason to preclude you as a candidate", a meeting will be required and further action may need to be taken on your part.
What to bring:
You will need a State or Federal government-issued photo identification and your registration number. You must also provide either a payment confirmation number or a money order.
IMPORTANT NOTICE!!! PLEASE READ:
BACKGROUND CHECK RESULTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE DESIGNATED DEADLINE! Otherwise you will NOT be permitted to take any upper division classes. If you register for an upper division class, then you can be ADMINISTRATIVELY DROPPED if your results are not received in time