Office of Teacher Education
About Occupational Licensure
Tennessee Tech University offers the Occupational Licensure Program for individuals with a current Apprentice Occupational License working toward a Professional Occupational License.
- The Occupational Licensure Program consists of 18 hours of course work.
- The coursework is available on campus or online through the Regents Online Degree Program.
- The requirements and application for obtaining an Apprentice Occupational License and for advancing to a Professional Occupational License are available on the Tennessee Department of Education website.
Candidate Requirements for the Occupational Licensure Program
- Candidates who wish to complete the Occupational Licensure Program must:
- Complete a Transcript Analysis Request Form.
- Apply for and be admitted to Tennessee Tech University.
- CLICK HERE for the Tennessee Tech Office of Admissions.
- Candidates cannot register for classes without being admitted.
About Completing the Transcript Analysis Request
The Transcript Analysis Request Form is used for all of Tennessee Technological University Post-Baccalaureate Licensure and Additional Endorsement programs.
- Occupational Candidates should disregard the section asking for previous colleges attended.
- A Bachelor’s degree is not required for the Occupational Program.
- Occupational candidates who have prior college coursework should list the institution(s) and request official transcript(s) from the college be sent to the TTU Office of Teacher Education.
- The Occupational Program is listed in the Post-Baccalaureate Programs drop down menu as Career Technical.