Praxis I Waiver Requirements
ALL other requirements for admission to the Teacher Education Program must be met—no exceptions.
If a student fails any section of the Praxis I, ten hours of tutoring is required through approved tutorial support services in order to be considered as eligible for the Praxis I Waiver. (ex. TTU Learning Support Center, first floor of Matthews Hall). The 10 hours of tutoring MUST be completed BEFORE the student's last retesting attempt.
Two of the three sections of the Praxis I must be successfully completed. The following score and GPA range(s) on the failed section of the Praxis I are required for eligibility:
- If your cumulative GPA is 2.500, you must be within one point of passing.
- If your cumulative GPA is 2.750, you must be within two points of passing.
- If your cumulative GPA is 3.000, you must be within three points of passing.
The student will also need to submit additional paperwork:
- A formal written request for the waiver must be submitted by the student. This letter needs to be about a page in length in a word document explaining why the student believes he/she should be considered for the Waiver. It should include the student's full name and TNumber. It should be addressed to the Teacher Education Committee.
- Letter of Support from the student's adviser must be submitted.
- In addition, the tutoring packet outlining the student's progress attained during the tutoring sessions must be provided by the person or unit providing the required tutorial support.
A decision will be made by the Praxis I Waiver Sub-Committee (or their designee). If extenuating circumstances exist, a student may request a personal appearance before the Sub-Committee.
The decision of the Sub-Committee is final.
To set up a Praxis I tutoring schedule here at TTU please contact the Academic Development Center at 931-372-3476. These services are free of charge.
Test codes for the PAPER-BASED testing for Praxis 1 are as follows:
Test codes for the COMPUTER-BASED testing for Praxis 1 are as follows:
For more detailed information on the Praxis I please visit the following website: www.ets.org/praxis