Residency II Requirements
Office of Teacher Education
Phone: (931)372-6095 Suzy HookEmail:
Phone: (931) 372-3148
Residency I:January 31st Residency II:December 10th Student Teaching:Fall- January 31stSpring- August 31st
College of Education
Tennessee Tech University
Box 5092 • Cookeville, TN 38505
-Residency I Requirements
-Residency II Requirements
-Student Teaching Requirements
Submit the following requirements by November 10th:
Submit the following requirements by December 10th:
- Provide evidence of attempting ALL PRAXIS II exams including the PLT. May be admitted to Residency II if you are lacking one passing test score (official score report for ALL tests must be in the office of Teacher Education by the deadline)
- When registering for ANY Praxis exam, please make sure to indicate TTU (Code 1804) as the institution to receive your scores so that TTU receives official copies to be used for your license application to the state.
- Office of Teacher Education will ONLY process official copies of scores
- For personal use, the Office of Teacher Education recommends that students download and retain several copies of ALL test scores while they are available online. (Scores are only available for 45 calendar days after scores are posted. In order to get a copy of your scores after the 45 days, you will have to request them from ETS and pay additional fees)
- The Office of Teacher Education WILL NOT release Praxis score information by phone to anyone.
- For more information on the Praxis II test, please visit the ETS website.
Submit the following requirements by the end of the semester prior to Residency I
- Meet established Overall GPA (2.50 excluding developmental classes)
- Meet established Content Area GPA (2.0)
- Satisfactory completion of ALL CLEP tests, ALL courses listed for Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior year on Program of Study , and a minimum grade of "B" or higher must be earned in all courses that are designated field-experience or technology related, or include a major field experiences.
- Submit Application for Undergraduate Graduation (Follow directions on form--not required for post-bacc students)
- Complete the College Base Exam/Senior Exit Exam (Not required for 2+2 students or post-bacc students)
The requirements listed below must be met at the end of the senior year:
- Successful completion of approved program of study
- Successful completion of all PRAXIS II tests required for endorsement area(s) (including the PLT) for licensure submission (official score report for ALL tests must be received by the Office of Teacher Education)
- Successful completion of Teaching Performance Assessment (edTPA)