About Teacher Licensure Programs
Office of Teacher Education
The Office of Teacher Education assists and directs students through the teacher licensure processes and requirements to become a licensed educator in Tennessee.
Teacher Licensure Options
Click on the appropriate link below for information about how to begin and complete the licensure process through Tennessee Technological University.
About Licensure Requirements
- Teaching license application for an initial teaching license, an ILLA or ILLB or an additional endorsement: required coursework must be submitted through the University where you completed the coursework/program.
- The Tennessee Department of Education will accept applications for endorsements added by Praxis exam only and applications to have a degree added to your license directly. (You do not need to go through Tennessee Tech to add an endorsement by test only.)
Tennessee Department of Education Licensure Processing
- The Tennessee Department of Education has information about their standard processing time for applications and information on printing a copy of your license on their website.
- Starting on July 1, 2012, the Tennessee Department of Education stopped printing and mailing teaching licenses.
- NOTE: Highly Qualified Status is not submitted or updated by Tennessee Technological University.
- Contact your school system to have the proper forms submitted for your Highly Qualified Status to be updated or added to your licenses.