Foliospaces is an online ePortfolio system in which students can record “evidence of lifelong learning” – such as essays, artwork or other such things they produce that can be stored digitally.
Create an account at foliospaces.org
Select Groups >> Institute Membership >> Tennessee Technological University >> Send Request
- About Me
- Contact Information
- Share Social Messaging Services
- Upload profile photo with square dimensions. Recommended 100 x 100 pixels.
The Journal is a tool with which you can record your thoughts and experiences online. By adding your journal or individual posts of it to a page you can allow other users to place feedback and comments on it. Thus, you can create a dialogue with your audience.
The résumé plugin allows you to create an online résumé / curriculum vitae. You can either publish your entire résumé or individual components of it in your portfolio.
Plans are simple ToDo lists. They are particularly well-suited to plan medium and long-term endeavours. A plan can consist of a number of individual activities with which completion dates are associated.
Notes are bits and pieces of text that you can re-use from one portfolio page in another.
The Portfolio is the place where you assemble the artefacts that you collect in Content into pages. You can then share these pages with others or simply keep them for yourself.
A page contains a selection of artefacts which you arrange and present to others. These may include:
- selected files
- résumé details
- text (your added commentary, instructions or orientation)
- journal posts
- video and audio files
- RSS feed to an external blog
You can re-use the artefacts that you collected under Content in as many pages as you wish.
The page editor is important in Mahara because it allows you to compose your portfolio pages. It consists of a large number of components:
- Editor navigation
- Artefact chooser
- Page layout area
A collection is a set of pages that are linked to one another and have the same access permissions. You can create as many collections as you like, but a page cannot appear in more than one collection. You can create a collection from scratch or copy an existing one - either one of your own or one from another user that is copyable to you.
Shared By Me
When you have created portfolio pages (and collections), you may wish to share them with others, e.g. to receive feedback. You can set the access permissions on the Edit access page. It is accessible via Portfolio → Shared by me or directly from the page editor when you edit a portfolio page.
The author of an artefact or portfolio page decides whether you can leave comments or not. Find the comment options for:
- files: when editing a file.
- notes: when editing a note.
- pages: in the advanced options.
When you are a member of a group that allows submissions, you can submit portfolio pages and collections for feedback / assessment. This allows an instructor to view the portfolio with much of the content locked into place.
Tags are keywords that you can give to artefacts and pages in your portfolio to find them more easily later on.
Institution staff members enjoy a number of additional rights to regular members, for example:
- creation of controlled groups
- viewing of the real name of users
- access to the User search page
- viewing of the access list of user’s pages
- Institution staff members have an additional navigation item: Institution information.
Faculty have the ability to create controlled groups.
- The members cannot leave this group.
- You can assign tutors to the group. They can give feedback on submitted pages, but not administer group members.
- Group members can submit portfolio pages or collections for feedback / assessment. These pages are locked until released by a group administrator or tutor.
The group homepage is the central space for a group. There you can get a quick overview of the group and reach all the places that you wish to take a look at in a group. You see a few things per default on the group homepage. The items displayed on the group homepage do not only depend on the default settings but also the options chosen when the group was created.
Individual Group Pages
On the group members page, a group admin can:
- Invite multiple users to the group at once or add multiple users in bulk if it is a controlled membership group.
- Search for group members by putting their name in the search box and then clicking the Search button. You can combine the name search with the sorting options that follow.
- Sort group members by selecting one of the following options and then clicking the Search button:
- display administrators first
- sort everyone alphabetically from A to Z
- sort everyone alphabetically from Z to A
- sort everyone chronologically starting with those who joined first
- sort everyone chronologically starting with those who joined last
- View basic information about group members:
- their name
- their role
- their profile introduction text
- their group joining date
- Change the role of a user.
- Remove a user from the group.
- Decide how many members shall be shown per page.