The Telecommunications Office offers telephone, voicemail, and educational video services to the Staff and Faculty at Tennessee Tech.
This page is designed to answer the most common questions about Staff & Faculty Phone services offered at Tennessee Tech University. As well as offering standard phone service the Telecommunications Office also offers fax services. If you require any of these services offered complete the Telephone Service Request Form , and mail it to the Telecommunications Office.
For answers to some common phone questions please click here.
We offer different types of phone instruments. Below are the types along with prices for the instrument.
- 2-Button phone =$100
- 8-Button phone =$250
- 16-button phone =$300
- 32-button phone =$400
The 8-button, 16, and 32 button phones come equipped with LCD units which allows for viewing of caller id information, date & time, and duration of the current call. These phones also allow for other phones within the department to be seen and are commonly used for secretary instruments.
- The speaker is not working on my telephone. How do I turn my speaker on?
- The phones used for the administrative offices are equipped with 2-way speaker capability. This allows for hands free operation of your telephone. To turn this feature on press the Feature button followed by the 1 key on your telephone. This should be done with the phone in the on-hook position or "hung-up." To disable the 2-way speaker function press the Feature button and the 1 key.
If your speaker has been enabled by following the instructions above you will see a red light appear in the lower right-hand corner of your telephone above the word "MIC."
- How do I forward or cancel the forwarding of my phone to voicemail?
- When you are away from your desk and you would like your phone to go immediately to voicemail or an alternate number, the forwarding feature is a powerful tool. To forward your phone to voicemail simply press #9, wait for confirmation beeps, and enter 6245. To forward your phone to an alternate number press #9, wait for confirmation beeps, and enter the number. To cancel forwarding simply press *#9.
- How do I establish a 3-way conference call?
- The 3-way calling feature gives the ability to conference yourself and two others into a conversation. To use the 3-way calling feature follow the detailed instructions below:
- Dial the number of the person you are calling.
- Tell them to hold for completion of the conference call.
- Press the Transfer button.
- Dial the 3rd party you wish to speak to.
- After the 3rd party has answered press the Conf button on your telephone.
- You have now established the 3-way conference call. Remember to dial 9 when calling an off-campus party.
- How do I use last number redial?
- The last number redial feature allows you the freedom of 2 touch dialing without the hassle of having to look an important number up again. To redial the last number you called press the Redial button on your telephone followed by the * sign.
- How do I change my ringer tone?
- Changing the ringing tone for your telephone is especially important for those offices that deploy multiple phones in a small area. This feature helps the employees to distinguish which telephone is ringing. You have a choice of 4 different ringing tones.
- To change the ringing tone press the Feature button followed by the 3 on your telephone. The ringing tone will be heard across your speaker. Press 3 again to change the tone. After a suitable tone has been chosen simply press the Feature button again to exit.
- How do I change the contrast on my display lighter and darker?
- To change the contrast of your display phone simply move the control above the MIC light up or down. This control will adjust the lightness or darkness of your display when the phone is on the hook. This button also serves as a volume control when the phone is in use and as a ringer volume control when adjusted while the phone is ringing.