Welcome to the TTU University Service Center: A Center for Service Learning and Civic Engagement!
Current Service Projects
"like" us on Facebook at:
Location: Roaden University Center, Room 108 Phone: 931-372-6120 Address: PO Box 5115 Cookeville, TN 38505
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Service Learning and Civic Engagement at Tennessee Tech University
TTU Vision: TTU will be one of the best universities in the nation through a commitment to the life-long success of our students.
Service Learning Vision: Tennessee Tech University has a rich tradition of service and an opportunity to instill in our students an ethic of caring and a sense of responsibility for making our world better. We want to move beyond service and to transform our university and our community through sustainable partnerships.
University Service Center Goals
- To provide students with the opportunity to realize academic learning objectives through participation in community service.
- To enhance student learning by connecting theory with experience and thought with action.
- To fill unmet needs in the community and on campus through direct and meaningful service.
- To assist students to see the relevance of the academic subject to the “real” world.
- To empower community members to become co-facilitators of leaning.
- To develop an environment of collegial participation among students, faculty, and the community.
- To give students the opportunities to engage in mutually beneficial work in the community.
- To increase the civic and citizenship skills of students.
- To expose students to social inequality and injustice, while empowering them to make a difference.
- To better prepare students for their careers and continuing education.
- To give students greater responsibility for their learning.
- To empower students to address local issues and local needs.
- To build capacity in the community through reciprocal and sustainable partnerships.