Updating Your Faculty/Staff Profile
The Faculty/Staff profile system builds the individual Faculty and Staff pages for administrative and academic units on TTU web sites. Profiles are the responsibility of the individual and not the department, so keeping your profile up-to-date is essential. Let's get started.
Every faculty and staff member on the TTU domain can login to TechCMS, our content management system that allows for Web Publishers to maintain their pages.
TechCMS also allows faculty/staff members to update their profiles. These profiles power the individual Faculty and Staff pages for administrative and academic units on TTU web sites. They also provide the data for People Finder, the official staff directory on the web site.
To login, click on "Faculty & Staff" in the demographic-specific navigation area at the top of any page. Then click on "TechCMS Login" on the far right.
You will be taken to the login page. Every user on the TTU domain is able to login in using this system.
- Username - The part of your e-mail address before the "@" sign.
- Password - Your e-mail password.
When you've finished entering your information, click "LOGIN."
The User Toolbar
You will be presented with a listing your web site credentials. If you are a Web Publisher, you will have a different screen than a normal user, but both types of users have access to their profiles. You'll notice that once you've logged in successfully, you will see the user toolbar at the top of the web site.
For this tutorial, click on the "My Profile" button. This will take you to your existing profile.
If you did have a profile created in the system, the system will now create a blank profile for you.
If you did already have a profile in the system, you will simply see your existing profile.
Editing Your Profile
To edit your profile, hit the "EDIT PROFILE" button at the top right of the page.
This is where you actually see the Generic Profile editing form with the following fields and their definitions.
The Profile Fields
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Job Title
- Example for Staff - Clerk, Director of xxxx, etc.
- Example for Faculty - Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Suffix (Jr., Ph.D, etc.)
- Degrees (Used in Experts Guide)
- University in Which You Obtained Your Highest Degree, Your Highest Degree (Used in Experts Guide)
- Office Building
- Office Number (Do not include building in this field)
- Work Phone (Shows in People Finder)
- Home Phone
- Mobile Phone
- E-mail (prefilled)
- Webpage (include full address, including http://)
- Display Home Phone
- Display Mobile Phone
- Resume (pdf or doc only)
- Job Description
- General job description, classes taught, etc.
- Biography(used in Experts Guide)
- Most faculty members use this section to list their education, publications, and other general information that would be helpful to media and other outside sources.
Saving Your Profile
When you're finished making all of your changes, hit "SUBMIT" at the bottom of the page.
This will save your profile and reload the form again. If you are finished making your changes, simply logout by clicking "logout" in your toolbar.
Linking to Your Profile
You can send people a link directly to your profile. The standard address is:
- Example: http://www.tntech.edu/people/mgann
This is the second version of this system, and we're looking to expand on it in the future, including some things already in testing (Pages, Experts Guide).