The Diversity, Equity and Access Council organized in 2007 to oversee diversity, access and equity issues on campus. Dr. Wali Kharif chairs the council's executive committee.
The council reports directly to TTU President Dr. Robert Bell, who gave the committee its charge at its first meeting.
- Develop short term and long term objectives
- Identify strategies for accomplishing goals
- Collect and monitor data re: student recruitment, retention and graduation
- Monitor and evaluate progress
- Identify successful programs/practices and apply them where needed
- Identify any institutional barriers that hinder diversity
- Advise TTU Administrators re: future programs/goals
- Compile Annual Report to President with recommendations and priorities