The University will only contact you through your official Tech email account (also referred to as your campus email account) once you've been admitted. Your Tech email account must be activated before you can complete the housing application.
1. Please have this information available before you begin.
- Tech Email User Name: example: fmlast42
- Tech ID: example: T########
- Tech Email Address: example: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Visit the Password Self-Service Portal to reset your default password.
- Go to https://ssp.tntech.edu (Self-Service Portal)
- Enter your Tech Email User Name (example: fmlast42)
- Enter the default initial password (example: z?T########) - Note: This is a lowercase “z” with "?" followed by your Tech ID which includes the uppercase “T”.
- Old Password - Enter the default initial password (example: z?T########) as you previously did in the instructions above.
- New Password - Use a combination of uppercase/lowercase letters, numbers, and a special character for a minimum total of 8 characters.
3. Access and login to your Tech email.
Don't forget... Your Tech email domain will be "@students.tntech.edu" (example: email@example.com).
- Open a new browser window or tab and go to https://www.tntech.edu.
- Select “Students” from the dropdown box at the top of the page.
- Select “Email”.
- Once redirected to the Microsoft Office 365 login portal, enter your Tech email address (including the "@students.tntech.edu") and the new password you just created.
- You are now logged into your new Tech email account!
4. Remember to check your Tech email account frequently!
Checking your Tech email daily is important to remaining connected and informed on information happening on campus, items needed for your enrollment, and other important announcements from your instructors and advisors. This also includes important information about Financial Aid, Scholarships, Residential Life, and orientation!
Instructions and information on how to setup your Tech email on your smartphone, tablet, or mobile device is available at Student Email Help Overview.