The Admissions Process

What if I do not meet the "24-hours of transferable work" benchmark used for Admissions purposes?
We will use a fitting combination of college-level coursework AND high school work (this includes ACT/SAT scores)
Be sure to have all requested materials sent to:
TTU Admissions
P.O. Box 5006
Cookeville, TN 38505-0001

What if I have an associate's degree?
That’s awesome! That proves to us that you've got what it takes to be a Golden Eagle! A.A. and A.S. degrees will be taken into account when making admissions decisions.

I'm interested in a 2+2 program at one of the community colleges listed. Are there more requirements after admission to the University?
Yes, there are. Be sure to visit the corresponding website from more information.

Transcripts / GPA

Who receives a transfer evaluation?
Once you have officially been admitted to the University, then an official transcript evaluation will be completed by the Office of Academic Services.

What other credit can transfer?
In addition to college-level credit earned at another 2- or 4-year institution, credit may be earned by way of ACT/SAT, AP, CLEP, & IB. Click here for more information.

How are courses evaluated?
Once you have officially submitted all requested transcripts and have been admitted to the University, your courses will be evaluated by the Office of Academic Services.

Does my GPA transfer?
Students transferring to TTU start with a new GPA. Your GPA upon arrival at TTU will be 0.00.
This does not apply if you are a student seeking readmission. In that case, TTU coursework will still be factored into your GPA.
For more information on Transfer GPA policy, please click here.

Getting Acclimated

Is Transfer Orientation required to attend?
Yes. Transfer Orientation is a required event and you can find more information by clicking here.

How/where do I get my Eagle Card (student ID)?
Student IDs may be picked up in Eagle Card Office in the Roaden University Center, room 230. You will use your Eagle Card to gain access to the residence halls, utilize your meal plan, and check out items in the Volpe Library (oh, and cool discounts at restaurants/shops in town).

Are meal plans required as a transfer student?
Meal plans are not required as a transfer student. However, if you’d like more information on the different types of meal plans that are available, please click here.

How/where do I purchase a parking pass?
Parking passes may be added to your account via Eagle Online if starting TTU in the Fall term. If you’re starting in the Spring term, be sure to go by the Campus Police station in Foundation Hall (242 East 10th St.) to pick up your parking pass (make sure you have your vehicle registration and T-Number available).

How/where do I purchase textbooks?
Textbooks can be purchased via your Eagle Online account once you have registered for your classes for the upcoming term. You can also swing by the campus bookstore on the ground floor of the Roaden University Center (across from the Swoops Food Court and next to Starbucks).

Are transfer students required to live on campus?
Although transfer students are not required to live on campus, it is highly encouraged. You can find more information about the different residence halls on campus by visiting the Office of Residential Life Website.