Golden Eagle Guides
Want to be part of a Tech Tradition and help welcome potential new students and their families to campus? Our Golden Eagle Guides are a vital part of our campus visit program and give prospective students and families a glimpse into what college life at Tennessee Tech is all about. Our Guides are some of the most influential people on campus and shape visitors' first impressions of the University. As representatives and ambassadors for Tech, they personify what is means to SOAR as Golden Eagles and live "Wings Up"!
About the Role
- Golden Eagle Guides assist the Campus Visits & Events Program by providing prospective
students and their families campus tours during VIP Campus Visits, college fairs,
Preview Day Open House(s), and other on-campus recruitment events.
- VIP Campus Tours last approximately one hour and begin at either 10:00 AM or 2:00 PM and occur during weekdays and select Saturdays during the semester.
- Students selected as Golden Eagle Guides will receive early registration to be able to adjust their course schedule around the campus visit program tour hours.
- During the tours, Guides provide a brief overview of campus resources, facilities, student activities and opportunities, and insight into college life at Tennessee Tech.
- Guides participate in on-going training and development throughout their appointment to
ensure success in their role.
- You'll be able to educate and share fun Tech Facts with you friends and family!
- You'll be able to know what's happening on campus.
- Must be a currently enrolled, full-time Tennessee Tech student.
- Have a positive attitude toward the University.
- Must be reliable, responsible, confident, flexible, punctual, and demonstrate good communication skills.
- Applicants should be an upcoming sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student status. Applicants should have completed 30 semester hours of coursework and should be able to serve for at least two consecutive semesters.
- Must maintain a 2.50 cumulative GPA.
- Volunteer for at least 20 hours per semester to give tours during the events listed
- Depending on the student organization, students serving as Golden Eagle Guides will be able to utilize their time contributed to the program as community service hours.
Questions about this opportunity?
Contact the Campus Visits & Events Program at email@example.com or at (931) 372-6104. You may also stop by and speak with our program coordinator or Welcome Center Specialists to learn more. We’re located in the Jere Whitson Building, Room 205 (Welcome Center).