Golden Eagle Guides
Want to be part of a Tech Tradition and help welcome potential new students and their families to campus? Our Golden Eagle Guides are a vital part of our campus visit program and give prospective students and families a glimpse into what college life at Tennessee Tech is all about. Our Guides are some of the most influential people on campus and shape visitors' first impressions of the University. During Campus Visit tours, Guides provide a brief overview of campus resources, facilities, student activities and opportunities, and insight into college life at Tennessee Tech. As representatives and ambassadors for Tech, they personify what is means to SOAR as Golden Eagles and live "Wings Up"!
- Enhances your resume and provides leadership experience.
- Guides participate in on-going training and development throughout their appointment to
ensure success in their role.
- You'll improve your communication skills and become more confident speaking with large groups.
- You'll be able to educate and share fun Tech Facts with you friends and family!
- You'll be able to know what's happening on campus.
- Exclusive discounts at the University Bookstore.
- Students selected as Golden Eagle Guides receive early registration to register their courses around the campus visit program tour hours.
- Opportunity to develop relationships with faculty, staff, administrators, and senior leadership on campus.
- Depending on the student organization, students serving as Golden Eagle Guides will be able to utilize their time contributed to the program as community service hours.
- Must be a currently enrolled, full-time Tennessee Tech student.
- Have a positive attitude toward the University.
- Must be reliable, responsible, flexible, punctual, and professional.
- Demonstrate good communication skills.
- Have completed at least one semester at Tech.
- Must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
About the Role & Commitment
- Golden Eagle Guides assist the Campus Visits & Events Program by providing prospective students and their families campus tours during VIP Campus Visits, college fairs, Preview Day Open House(s), and other on-campus recruitment events.
- Each week during their tour time, Guides should be prepared to either give a tour
or help in the office.
- VIP Campus Tours & group tours last approximately one hour and begin at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM and occur during weekdays and select Saturdays during the semester.
- Note: If selected as a Golden Eagle Guide, additional details will be provided regarding schedules and events.
Questions about this opportunity?
Contact the Campus Visits & Events Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (931) 372-6104. You may also stop by and speak with our program coordinator or Welcome Center Specialists to learn more. We’re located in the Jere Whitson Building, Room 205 (Welcome Center).