Mexican Adventure III
HEC 4960-100 Study Tour
January 2th - 10th, 2012
HEC 4960 – Study Tour counts as a 1 hr lab credit and requires a deposit of $400, due at the time of your application submission. This deposit is non-refundable for those selected to be enrolled in the course.
- College of Agricultural and Human Sciences have priority
- Junior and Senior standing have priority
- Each student must complete and application form
- Faculty selection based on application and interview
- Limited to 16 people
Class on campus, Sunday, January 1, 2012;
depart for Mexico Monday, January 2 and return Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Total Cost: $? Deposit: $400
Includes air flight, motel, transfers, bus and certain visitor sites.
You will pay for your meals, usually $15 - $20 per day.
Turn applications into Mrs. Lisa Rice, Room 245, Nursing Health Sciences Building
- Puebla, Mexico is 70 miles southeast of Mexico City, a city of 8,851,080 people.
- Lodging at the Hotel Colonial, a historic hotel built in the 1500’s. Hotel Website
- The hotel has laundry facilities.
- There are several Internet Cafes in close proximity. The town square is one block from the hotel with local restaurants, Subway, McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken etc.
- Tours: Cholula, Pyramids of the Sun and Moon, Mexico City Square, Talavara Factory, Puebla town market
- Visits: Ipoderac, boy’s orphanage, Catholic girls orphanage, Museum Amparo
- In-service Learning: we will be cooperating with the Puebla Rotary Club to conduct a “living with dignity” program where we go to a selected village, the Puebla Rotary Club supplies us with concrete, and we pour concrete floors for families who have dirt floors. 2) work with developing “clean drinking water” resources for families, and 3) with nursing students, provide healthcare education. Students may rotate between projects based upon needs.