Collegiate Advisory Board in Banking
2017-18 American Bank & Trust Student Advisory Board
Friday, September 7, 2018 at 12 noon
The College of Business is committed to providing professional opportunities outside the classroom where students can experience various aspects of the business world to strengthen their business skills and enhance their individual career readiness. As members of a Collegiate Advisory Board in Banking, business students will observe and experience the inner workings of the banking industry from the executive viewpoint.
Collegiate Advisory Board members will:
- Learn to conduct business in a boardroom setting, following a purposeful agenda for each meeting.
- Serve as officers of the Board and experience leadership among peers and banking executives.
- Observe, research, and broaden their understanding of the variety of business backgrounds needed in the banking industry (human resources, marketing, finances, accounting, analytics, and information technology).
- Experience banking and finances as they apply to customers and businesses in our communities.
- Collaborate as sub-committees to research and present findings on assigned projects and topics throughout the semester.
Thursday, August 30th
Johnson Hall 402
*Attend the meeting that is most convenient for you. You do not have to attend the information meeting to apply.
Candidates must submit a complete application packet to be considered for the Advisory Board, including:
- online application
- resume (uploaded by the applicant to their application in Word or PDF format)
- two (2) letters of recommendation (uploaded by the applicant to their application in Word or PDF format) which speak to the candidate’s leadership, commitment, and character.
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Applicants who are selected to the Advisory Board can earn 3 credit hours for this experience in Spring 2019. More details to come.
- Open to any business majors of at least Junior Standing
- Must not have been convicted of a felony
- Must be in good standing academically(not on academic warning or Academic Probation at the time of application)
- Must be willing to commit to meeting attendance and full participation in board related activities and assignments
- Must be available to attend scheduled Board meetings and related information sessions:
October – TBD by the selected members of the Board
Tuesday, November 27, 4:30-6:00PM
Friday, November 30, 12:00-2:00PM
Friday, January 18, 2019, 12:00-2:00PM
Friday, February 15, 12:00-2:00PM
Friday, March 15, 12:00-2:00PM
Friday, April 19, 11:00AM-2:30PM