Where do I begin?
The College of Business offers the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) degree that is structured on a firm base of general education courses, a core area of business studies, and an area of specialization.
All students who are interested in earning the BSBA start as Basic Business majors, and they will complete General Education courses (communications, math, science, American history, humanities) and core business courses (accounting, economics, decision sciences). When the 60-credit hours of the Basic Business curriculum are completed with a minimum 2.0 GPA, students may be admitted to their chosen upper-division major.
In the degree, the College seeks to:
- Develop an analytical approach to sound business decisions.
- Develop understanding and appreciation of the social, ethical, legal, political, and economic environment of business.
- Promote appreciation of the civic and social obligations of business managers.
- Develop understanding and appreciation of business in its international context.
- Equip students to respond to the demands of business in a changing technological environment.
- Create a professional attitude and provide the foundation for professional competence in a chosen career specialization.