Master of Accountancy (MAcc)
Tennessee Tech University, College of Business, Cookeville, TN | 931.372.3600 | firstname.lastname@example.org
To prepare students for successful careers in accounting and business by emphasizing professional certification, critical reasoning skills, ethical conduct, effective oral and written communication, and the use of technology to research and solve accounting and business problems.
- All MAcc program requirements are satisfied online with the exception of two mandatory on-campus professional development weekends and the option to complete electives on campus or online.
- Fall admission only with a choice of a one year or a two year path to completion.
- 3.0 GPA required for graduation.
- No more than two grades of C allowed on transcript.
- Program of study (30 hours) includes:
- Financial Accounting (3)
- Auditing (3)
- Tax (6)
- Government/Non-profit (3)
- Ethics (1)
- Technology (2)
- Professional Development Weekends (2)*
- Professional Certification Preparation (4)**
- Elective (6)***
*On campus, one mandatory fall semester weekend and one mandatory spring semester weekend.
**Becker CPA Review runs throughout the program and students must take the entire CPA exam while enrolled.
***Electives may be taken on campus or online.
NOTE: Failure to complete the program within two years may result in the need to retake parts of the CPA exam.
Admission is open to qualified students with a bachelor’s degree in business administration with a major in accounting (or the equivalent) from an accredited institution. Applications are accepted for fall semester admission only. The application for admission should be received by the deadlines indicated on the Graduate College website.
Application deadline is July 1 (April 1 for international students) but candidate screening and admission decisions begin March 1. NOTE: Fulfilling the following application requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the MAcc program.
Required Documents for the MAcc Application
- Completion ofTennessee Tech Graduate School Application
- Official transcripts of all prior college work
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score or the GRE ® General Test (GRE) score (recommended minimum score of 500 on the GMAT or GRE equivalent).
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (recommended)
- Proficient use of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software including the integration of all three (required)
Note: For admission to the Master of Accountancy program, consideration is given to the applicant’s academic record, the formula score, the TOEFL or IELTS score (for international students), work experience and other activities that demonstrate potential for leadership, as well as recommendations from professors and work supervisors. Consideration is given to the applicant’s work experience and other activities that demonstrate potential for successful completion of the program.
GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy
Students applying for the Master of Accountancy may request a waiver of the GMAT/GRE requirement if they meet one of the following requirements:
- The student holds a BSBA from Tennessee Tech University with a major in accounting (or has completed 85% of the coursework for the degree and 70% of the coursework for the major) and has an overall GPA of 3.2 or better and a GPA in their upper division accounting course work of 3.2 or greater, or
- The student holds a degree from an AACSB business program with a major in accounting (or has completed 85% of the coursework for the degree and 70% of the coursework for the major) and has and overall GPA of 3.4 or greater and a GPA in their upper division course work of 3.4 or greater.
The waiver request may be made directly to Director of Graduate Programs in the College of Business Graduate Office by email at email@example.com.
- All international applicants must complete additional steps for admission consideration. Contact theTennessee Tech Graduate School or the College of Business Office of Graduate Studies for these requirements.