Master's of Accountancy (MAcc)
Admission is open to qualified students with a bachelor’s degree in business administration with a major in accounting (or the equivalent) from an AACSB-accredited institution. Applications are generally accepted for fall semester only. Spring and summer semester applications are accepted on a limited basis.
- Full Admission Requirements
Full Admission Requirements:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited school or program
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Minimum score of 500 on the Graduate Management Admissions Test OR an equivalent score on the General Record Exam.
- One letter of recommendation.
State and federal laws require colleges and universities to be authorized to offer online degree programs in states other than their own. Click here for a list of states where Tennessee Technological University is authorized to offer online degrees. If you do not see your state listed, you will be unable to enroll in any online programs offered by Tennessee Tech.
- Provisional Admission Requirements
Provisional Admission Requirements:
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Minimum score of 1,000 on the index formula
- Submission of official GMAT or GRE test scores
- Students are also required to be proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software including the integration of all three.
An applicant who does not meet the GMAT, GRE, GPA or Admission Index criteria may be considered for provisional admission, if they meet the above requirements. Provisional admission requires that the applicant maintain a 3.0 GPA for the first twelve (12) hours of graduate credit or the applicant will be dismissed from the program.
- GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy
GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy
Students applying for the Master's of Accountancy may request/receive a waiver of the GMAT/GRE requirement if they meet one of the following requirements:
- The student holds a bachelor's degree from Tennessee Tech University with and has an overall GPA of 3.2 or better and a GPA in their major course work of 3.2 or greater, - - or -
- The student holds a degree from an AACSB business program with a major in accounting (or has completed 85% of the coursework for the degree and 70% of the coursework for the major) and has and overall GPA of 3.4 or greater and a GPA in select upper division course work of 3.4 or greater.
- The waiver request may be made directly to Director of Graduate Programs in the College of Business Graduate Office via the following link:
NOTE: Once the program is at capacity (25 students), the above minimum application requirements for both full or provisional admission do not guarantee acceptance into the MAcc program. Final decisions will be made by the MAcc Admissions Committee, whose members are the College of Business Graduate Program Director, the MAcc Coordinator, the Chair of the Accounting Department and two Accounting Department faculty. Consideration will be given to the applicant’s work experience and other activities that demonstrate potential for successful completion of the program.
All application materials become the property of the University and will not be returned to the applicant regardless of whether admission is approved or denied.
If you have any questions, please contact:
College of Business Graduate Office
Phone: (931) 372-3600
* For additional information in international student applications, please visit the following link: How to Apply - International.