Student to Career
Virtual Career Fair
+ Business + Agriculture + Government + Human Ecology
This year's Career Fair is VIRTUAL! We want you to have EVERYTHING you need to get ready for this event, so we've created this checklist to help you prepare and know what to expect. Mark your calendars for October 8th from 10am-2pm.
Scroll down to find a step by step video on how to download the CF+ App!
Tips for the Ultimate Virtual Career Fair
- Develop a list of questions to ask the recruiters from various companies.
- Dress in Business Professional Attire.
- Get creative! Think of ways recruiters can remember you and your conversation with them.
- Prepare a 30-second introduction speech.
- Include your name, major, year, skills, experience, and other important information about you.
- Prepare copies of your updated resume to share with recruiters.
- Come ready with pens and a notepad to take notes or share information as needed.
How to Download the Career Fair+ App:
To practice your virtual interviewing skills, sign up for InterviewStream! It's a free resource to help you explore the best practices for interviewing and to review tips and advice for interview development!
The Center for Career Development is also available to help you prepare for every aspect of this year's Virtual Career Fair. Be sure to check out their Cram-A-Thon, a virtual way to prepare for major-specific Career Fair opportunities:
Click the button below to check out their site and more of their amazing resources:
For more tips, check out these upcoming events:
Making a Great Impression at a Job Fair - Sept. 29th at 11am in Clement Hall 212
Dining Etiquette Crash Course - Oct. 1st at 11am in Johnson Hall Auditorium
Scarlett and Murphy's Suits2Cheap Sale - Oct. 5th-8th in Johnson Hall 425