Tennessee Tech is located 80 miles east of Nashville and 80 miles west of Oak Ridge on Interstate 40. A number of faculty commute to Oak Ridge National Laboratory, where they are involved in joint research projects with ORNL staff scientists. Cookeville, with a population of about 31,000, sits on the Highland Rim of the Cumberland plateau. Outdoor recreational opportunities are numerous. A short drive can take you to some very out-of-the-way places with spectacular waterfalls, lakes and scenic rivers; only three hours away are the Great Smoky Mountains.
From Nashville:Take I-40 East towards Knoxville approximately 75 miles to Exit 286 and follow the Directions from I-40 exit 286 below.
From Knoxville: Take I-40 West towards Nashville approximately 110 miles to Exit 286 and follow the Directions from I-40 exit 286 below.
From Chattanooga: Take Highway 111 North from the Chattanooga area approximately 80 miles and merge onto I-40 West. Travel I-40 west to exit 286 (Willow Ave) approximately two miles and follow the Directions from I-40 exit 286 below.
From Kentucky: Take Highway 111 South to Interstate 40 in Cookeville. Travel I-40 west to exit 286 (Willow Ave), approximately two miles and follow the Directions from I-40 exit 286 below.
Directions from I-40 exit 286:
- Exit I-40 and go north on Willow Avenue
- At the 8th traffic light, turn right onto University Drive.
- At the second stop sign, a parking lot will be on your right.
- Foster Hall will be on your left.
- Please park in a designated faculty parking space and come to Foster Hall Room 219 to receive a parking permit.
Our physical address is 55 University Drive, Foster Hall, Room 219 Cookeville, TN 38505.
**Campus Map -- Chemistry is in Foster Hall.
Suggested hotel accommodations:
- Country Inn & Suites located at exit 287, 1/4 mile south of I-40. 931-525-6668